What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by Xeogred »

marurun wrote:
Xeogred wrote:Glad Yakuza 0 was uncensored. And yeah I guess this is all a testament to the series' accuracy, I do think some of the staff have real yakuza connections or something haha.

Japan lacks conspiracy laws of the sort that allow other countries to go after organized crime, so the police really don't have many tools to use to go after them. The Yakuza are indeed very well-connected as a result. Konami's founding family is rumored to be involved with the Yakuza, and given how their company has doubled down on gambling machines that would make a lot of sense since the Yakuza are often involved with various forms of gambling. Sega is also in that business, so I suspect they do have connections. I don't know how well-studied the Yakuza are in Japan, but the book Tokyo Vice is all about them. You can bet someone at Sega read that book.

Tokyo Vice, I might have to look into that. I'm genuinely pretty fascinated about it all.

I've heard good things about Kinji Fukasaku's Yakuza movies and they're apparently fairly accurate.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

:D I might have 2k I can use from a PayFlex account to put towards my surgery bills. Finally some good news.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

Went to a Denzel Curry, Danny Brown, RTJ, and Cuz Lightyear concert monday, which was dope as fuck. Also went the state fair of Texas and ate tons of food.

Good break, all things considered.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
marurun

Post by marurun »

Fair food is the best. Assuming it doesn't kill you outright :lol:
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Markies
Next-Gen

Post by Markies »

Markies wrote: So, I am currently unemployed and kind of going through a midlife crisis at 35. I really don't know what I want to do with my life. I am going to take some time and try and figure that out.

That took a lot shorter than I thought it would. I became unemployed at the beginning of July.

I was offered a new job today.

It is similar to a position that I worked for 10 years, but at a better location, better organization and more money. They have been interested and excited for me since day one, so this is the first time I've felt wanted in looking for a job.

I am really excited for the position and I could not be happier. It was a weird trip in getting there, but I think I finally landed at a place I can be happy with for a long time.
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

That is great news! Congrats!
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

marurun wrote:Fair food is the best. Assuming it doesn't kill you outright :lol:

We are so on the same track recently.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

I had a late business flight out of Charlotte tonight...and it was delayed two hours. :(

Oh well...I finally grabbed 2/3 of the star coins in Super Mario Run. :)

The black star coins are going to be tough. :(
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Ugh. Waiting in airports sucks.

I'm stuck at work right now trying to fix a screw up on my part with some data I processed. Hoping I can get it fixed before November rolls around... gonna be tight.
Ack

Post by Ack »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:The black star coins are going to be tough. :(

Why's it gotta be black?

Also, congratulations to Markies.