What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by REPO Man »

:D Starting to get warm here on the Outer Banks.

:cry: Starting to get my sleep cycle out of whack again. It's just after 1am and I've only been up for about 12 hours.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

:( Think I'm going to have to leave my church
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
Ack

Post by Ack »

How come?
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

I'm not as sure about it this morning, but the theological differences are starting to grate on me quite a bit. Big Tent and all that jazz, but I'm really getting to not be a fan either.

Plus, I feel like there are quite a few topics I can't even touch around this group, which is aggravating when they keep pushing safety and comfort for...anyone besides my group.

CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Speaking of religion known that Christian belief does not support evolution. With the recent 8 earth planet discovery, my neighbor is adamant that the only life will be only on earth, I am guessing the created in own image take. He would not even believe a virus could be discovered in another planet even if it had liquid water. Billions and billions of galaxies each with billions of solar system, the odds in favor there is life out there somewhere. We had discussed in the past the correlation possibility of evolution and 7 day creation; to an immortal god the seven day creation might be the billions of years evolution?
Last edited by CRTGAMER on Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

marurun

Post by marurun »

The Catholic Church now supports evolutionary theory. So do some Protestant denominations. Sounds like you are over-generalizing, or arguing that born-again evangelicals are the only real Christians?
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

marurun wrote:The Catholic Church now supports evolutionary theory. So do some Protestant denominations. Sounds like you are over-generalizing, or arguing that born-again evangelicals are the only real Christians?

They certainly would make that argument.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Now that I've had time to think it over I don't think I'll actually be leaving the church, but I do have to have some discussions with people to figure things out. One of those cases of my emotions getting the better of me and clouding my judgement.

bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

:D Big potential win at work today. (Lots of tech jargon imminent) I think I have found a way to get make our Windows client computers dynamically switch between two different WSUS servers depending on their network connection. If they are connected to the business LAN, they will get the normal internal WSUS server that has its own content-store. If they are connected via DirectAccess, they will get a downstream replica WSUS server that instructs the clients to get their approved updates directly from Microsoft. This will alleviate a TON of network traffic from the DirectAccess servers. Those Windows 10 cumulative updates are clocking in at 1GB or so now. I was really worried about what would happen if I approved a Windows 10 build upgrade and a lot of people tried to download it over DirectAccess via the normal WSUS server.

The conventional wisdom has been that you have to pick one or the other - the master WSUS server or the replica. That doesn't really work for us because we have people coming and going all year long. Sometimes being gone for months at a time as well as have a few people that work from home. But it is looking like I can have my cake and eat it too. I'll know for sure when I actually try it in a test environment but the scripts I wrote to make this happen appear to be doing the job. As far as I know, no one is doing anything like this. If they are, they sure haven't published it on the internet. Believe me, I've looked.