Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

by Forlorn Drifter Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:22 pm

Fragems wrote:Well the problem is the type of person you are looking for isn't the type that gets out alot or at least doesn't stand out much. Best bet would probably be online dating, but you'd have to be open with taking a chance and meeting some people as well as being prepared to break things off if you aren't into them. A lot of very vocal people may put an emphasis on sex, but there are a lot of people out there plus it's not like there is a deadline on finding someone you have plenty of time. As long as you keep yourself open you will find someone who is right for you eventually.

That being said I'm a 24 year who has his feet firmly on home base so I don't really have much experience in the relationship department. The fact that I'm a sucker who is way to loyal and that I'm more attracted to the idea of starting a family has given me good reason to avoid relationships. I'm also a romantic so I've kind of been stuck on one person for way to long. Really need to grow a pair and message her one day to get some closure, but I kind of let myself fade out of her life after my families last move some 7+ years ago. So I usually get as far as pulling up her Facebook once every 6 months or so before chickening out :lol: .

I'm not worried about finding anyone or anything. I'm just venting about this growing ethos in my age group to at least talk in such a way that makes it seem like sex is the be all end all of existence. Didn't put out the first date? Drop em. Didn't last as long as you'd hope? Drop em. Isn't willing to attempt your strange kink that is borderline abusive? Drop em. Don't want sex until marriage? WHY WOULD YOU EVEN...

Its annoying. I feel like my views on things are much more frowned upon because I'm a guy and guys don't think like that, yadda yadda. Excuse me for wanting any kind of connection before I consider anal. (I've said that exact phrase twice now dealing with this type of advice.)

Online dating? :lol: Not for me. Works for many people, but that's just not up my alley.

Good luck with that girl though, Fragems.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
Fragems
Next-Gen

by Fragems Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:29 pm

Well with college everyone wants to "experiment" and most people are just really focused on the short term when they are younger. So there are a shitload of people who end up in relationships that center mainly around sex which works for some people, but usually doesn't lead to a very long relationship if they don't mesh well outside of that.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

by Forlorn Drifter Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:35 pm

Ahh, but that's where the advice becomes so aggravating. They say if you don't get along... that there's a problem with your sex life. I don't even know where they can get ideas like that. And heaven forbid you ever have a relationship without sex, because no matter how good it is otherwise, you'll obviously break up(or if you get married, get divorced) because you won't be able to have good sex. It's just infuriating.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
KalessinDB
Next-Gen

by KalessinDB Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:19 am

:D day 2 of the convention and having even more fun than last year. Day 3 is Saturday which is usually the biggest day, can't wait! Really need to bring better/more costumes next year.
Gunning for a licensed NES NTSC-U set, follow the madness and poverty here!
Cheat sheet of my collection, always looking to increase it. 405/677 licensed games, 46/"95" unlicensed
Chronically out of date BST thread
emwearz
Next-Gen

by emwearz Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:27 am

30 minutes into the new Mad Max game and some things annoyed me as an Australian out of the gate, small things like saying "Hood" when in Australia we say "Bonnet", "Flashlight" when Australians say "Torch" and so on, those are small but annoying things.

But they pronounce the saying "DINKY - DI (DIE)" as "DINKY - DEE (D)", this is made worse because the term dinky die means to be "on the level" as in you are telling the truth and is is often used to describe things being "true blue" Australian. Getting the pronunciation wrong 10 minutes in just makes me think they should have used an American voice actor, considering the rest of the game seems to be voiced by them.

I was half expecting the cars not to be right hand drive, but at least they got that right.

Only Australians will notice things like that, but the game is littered with them.
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

by Erik_Twice Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:56 am

That stuff is always annoying emwearz. Resident Evil 4 is supposedly set in Spain, but everyone looks Mexican and speaks like a Mexican.
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Often, games must be difficult
http://eriktwice.com/
Luke
Next-Gen

by Luke Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:52 am

Forlorn Drifter wrote:because you won't be able to have good sex.

...speak for yourself mister.

I think everyone would agree with Fragems that an emotional relationship shouldn't be based on sexy time, but a physical relationship based on knockin' boots is a regular thing. Yes, I typed knockin' boots.

Smile:

Familiar with the game Catchphrase?

If so, this will make sense... Last night my wife and I had some super friends over (not THOSE Super Friends) and had a go at it. And this actually happened with one clue:

Heather: Um, he used to be really hot.

My Wife: ETHAN HAWKE!

And the correct answer was given immediately.

It was hilarious, but at the same time I am very glad Ethan Hawke was not in the room and rather was upstairs alone playing Nintendo with Denzel Washington.

80% of this is true.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

by Jagosaurus Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:02 pm

Smile: College football Saturday is finally here. :shock:
My Mod Threads
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
Fragems
Next-Gen

by Fragems Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:29 pm

Really sex is a big part of relationships and can be a great way to relieve tension and get closer to someone since basically you are at your most vulnerable in the act. Sex is in no way a bad thing I'm just not a big fan of "meaningless" sex. I understand the benefits and there are worse things people could be doing to pleasure themselves, but it's just not my thing :lol: .
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:36 pm

Made some homemade chicken sandwiches.

I decided to go with The Brothers Green's recipe for a Wendy's-style spicy chicken sandwich, but when my brother worked his way into the kitchen, he completely took over and suddenly all I really ended up doing is making the fries.

The fries were supposed to be waffle fries (I bought a special cutting tool for it) but the grooves weren't right for the task.

But back to the chicken. According to the recipe I was using, the egg wash is just supposed to be one egg and some hot sauce, but my brother decided to add milk because he claims that's what you're supposed to do. And while the recipe states you're supposed to put the chicken into the flour mix BEFORE and AFTER dipping it into the egg bath, he only did it after.

Basically, he decided his was was better than the right way.

And what happened? It didn't turn out ANYTHING like I thought it would. For one, in the video The Brothers Green posted, the chicken was supposed to be a dark red, not a standard tan. For another, I expected a SPICY chicken but it was really just mild at best!

It's my fault for letting my brother help me, since ultimately I ended up helping HIM!
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever