Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
puke_face

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

by puke_face Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:17 pm

Ack wrote:Yeah, puke_face, congrats. That's awesome!

Thanks, Ack and Fast :)

Studying for the Extra Class license as we speak. Once I get that license, I can apply for reciprocal licenses in other countries. If I go to England again and have a portable radio setup, I'll be able to operate under my call-sign from there.
MrPopo

by MrPopo Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:34 pm

Luke wrote:
MrPopo wrote:People not understanding statistical analysis is a pet peeve of mine.

Pet peeves are my pet peeve.

Yo, anyone is more than welcome to judge my my approach and I believe in stats but I believe more in people who bust stats.

You don't bust stats; they're a predictor, not a "this will 100% happen". If the statistics say that 80% of inner city kids will fail out of high school then someone who succeeds in that situation hasn't busted the stat; they were just in the lucky 20%. And maybe the 2007 class had a 70/30 distribution instead of the 80/20 distribution predicted.
When pen comes to paper I can give you the stats you want and make red turn to black.

Did you just claim to engage in creative accounting?
Games Beaten: 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:37 pm

MrPopo wrote:
When pen comes to paper I can give you the stats you want and make red turn to black.

Did you just claim to engage in creative accounting?

...which doesn't really have much to do with statistical analysis, BTW. :lol:
Luke
Next-Gen

by Luke Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:29 am

MrPopo wrote:Did you just claim to engage in creative accounting?

Shush!

yes
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:43 pm

:D Starting Monday the restaurant's closed for three days. So I have six days of goofing off and doing whatever.

:cry: Starting Monday the restaurant's closed for three days. But since those three days are weekdays I ended up losing three of my work days, which roughly amounts to losing over a hundred bucks in possible income.

:D Got $100 sacked away.

:cry: Bike tire's inner tube had to be replaced.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:06 pm

:?

3DS ran out of space on SD card. So soon!
Fragems
Next-Gen

by Fragems Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:16 pm

:) : Regular carrier on my route took off today so I at least got 2 days of work this week.

:? : We get a UPS truck late in the day so there are always some packages ready to be sorted after finishing up our daily route. Someone apparently ordered a bunch of car supplies one of which is a bug guard which is almost longer then my jeep . So things are going to be a little cramped until I hit it's drop off about 1/3rd of the way into my route. Really need to take out the passenger seat and create a custom shelf system so I can maximize my room extra long packages are especially a pain. Christmas is going to be a nightmare.

:lol: : Every time I think of what winter is going to be like as a USPS carrier all I can think of is Game of Thrones :lol: .

Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

by Forlorn Drifter Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:42 pm

:roll: I guess I'll just have to never be in a relationship, seeing as my apparent "problem" according to the people giving me advice I didn't ask for is that my lack of wanting to have sex right away is the factor obviously keeping me from finding anyone.

Because, sexual compatability and if you aren't screwing within a month you need to drop them. Just ignore the fact that you aren't attracting anybody in the first place, sex is the answer to everything.

Whoever the hell is deciding the way things are going when it comes to relationships needs to figure out that sex is not the end all be all of fucking everything.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
Fragems
Next-Gen

by Fragems Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:27 pm

Well the problem is the type of person you are looking for isn't the type that gets out alot or at least doesn't stand out much. Best bet would probably be online dating, but you'd have to be open with taking a chance and meeting some people as well as being prepared to break things off if you aren't into them. A lot of very vocal people may put an emphasis on sex, but there are a lot of people out there plus it's not like there is a deadline on finding someone you have plenty of time. As long as you keep yourself open you will find someone who is right for you eventually.

That being said I'm a 24 year who has his feet firmly on home base so I don't really have much experience in the relationship department. The fact that I'm a sucker who is way to loyal and that I'm more attracted to the idea of starting a family has given me good reason to avoid relationships. I'm also a romantic so I've kind of been stuck on one person for way to long. Really need to grow a pair and message her one day to get some closure, but I kind of let myself fade out of her life after my families last move some 7+ years ago. So I usually get as far as pulling up her Facebook once every 6 months or so before chickening out :lol: .
Luke
Next-Gen

by Luke Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:57 pm

Smile: Heading out for the night, and my wife chose to go for the 80's look with denim and a charm necklace.

She needs a swatch watch, but I think she looks adorable.

Return to Off-Topic / Whatever