Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

by Jagosaurus Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:04 am

Smile :) two months until Halloween!

When does our annual Halloween thread start?

Also smile, college football starts on Saturday, well technically there are a few games on Thursday, let the madness begin.
My Mod Threads
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
Jmenglan
64-bit

by Jmenglan Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:33 am

Dealing with the aftermath of my father's attempted suicide and packing his belongings since he is being evicted. Looking for a new home (hopefully temporarily) for his very sweet dog. Counting down the hours until I can have the stitches removed from the back of my head, an injury that occurred while trying to turn over my father on his side. Also looking for a new job as I was laid off by text during my lunch break. I know many people have it worse than I currently do, but...when it rains it pours.
“The best government is a benevolent tyranny tempered by an occasional assassination.”
-Voltaire
Stark
Next-Gen

by Stark Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:39 pm

Smile: Guild Wars 2 went Play For Free without a hitch! https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/play-for-free-today/

Fun to see how seamless updates for GW2 are, especially considering how much work they are to put out.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Fragems
Next-Gen

by Fragems Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:10 pm

:lol: : Remember that spare Wii I mentioned letting my dad have a week or so back. Guess what I got back today....

His girlfriends or girlfriends kids broken Wii.

That is a bigger kick in the balls then if he had just taken it. He just has to keep reminding me of what a piece of shit he is.

Also noticing more and more cookware disappearing from the kitchen which at first I thought my Mom had taken since most of it was hers anyways, but after visiting her over the weekend and asking her it turns out she left it for me since I was using it :roll: . The cherry on the cake today is the stopper for the kitchen sink is gone and nowhere to be found. So I'm left asking myself wtf could he have possibly done with it. Seriously I have both sides of the sink full of nasty dishes since he never rinses his and I have to hand wash them since our washer has been broken for seven years now :lol: .

:? : At least my savings is starting to build up so in another few months I can get out of here. Going to have to watch him like a hawk so he doesn't help himself to anymore of my stuff though.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

by Forlorn Drifter Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:34 pm

:| Getting used to school again is going to suck. My screwy schedule is not at all helping.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
mjmjr25

by mjmjr25 Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:31 pm

Just back from The Great Minnesota Get Together - Minnesota has one of the largest state fairs in the US, and by most counts the absolute best food and super clean. Attendance is crazy - upward of 150K most days, and 200K+ on the weekends.

http://www.mnstatefair.org/general_info/attendance.html

My daughter presented her item this morning - as I posted previously, she won our county earlier this month. 31 county champions presented this morning for the Purple Ribbon (Grand Champion). So far, it has been widdled down to (7) Blue Ribbon finalists; of which my daughter is one of them. She is eagerly awaiting the champion - but I have to work tomorrow so we had to head home and view the results online.

Current results:
http://www.extension.umn.edu/youth/mn4- ... ision.aspx

The skirt she made from hand:
KalessinDB
Next-Gen

by KalessinDB Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:45 pm

Smile: Met with the realtor today, he said he would list my house for $65k and expects it to sell right around there too. That's utterly fantastic considering I bought it 5 years ago for $52k (granted I have put a fair bit of upgrades into it). I knew I had gotten a good deal, but didn't realize quite how good. My ballpark figure I was pulling out of thin air in my own head was "List for 60-62, hope to get like 55"

Smile: He also said that I had made great progress in getting the house listing-ready, to the point where he was very impressed

Less smile: I spent 4 hours today organizing controllers, spare systems, AV cables, and PSUs in my basement so that they have at least a semblance of order.

Smile: Means 4 hours less I have to spend tomorrow -- just gotta transport all that crap over to my dad's

Biggest smile: Means all I have to do is move that stuff to dad's tomorrow, sweep/mop/vacuum down there, a little bit of touch-up painting, and empty out one closet full of board games over to my buddy's house (because we don't play games nearly as often as I used to, and on the rare occasions we do play them it's always at his house). Means I should actually have it on the market by mid-late next week (which is even more impressive when you realize I'm not going to be home Thursday thru Monday)

Current plan is move crap to dad's tomorrow, clean the basement tomorrow, and maaaaaybe try to do touch up painting. Monday night when I get home, I'll try to clean out the closet, finish that up Tuesday since I'm going over to my buddy's house anyway on Tuesday, then finish the painting on Tuesday... get the realtor over on Wednesday if all goes well and BAM.

I'm getting excited. Getting this house to where I needed it to be to list it was the least exciting part of getting a new house, and I think I'm basically done.

Ugh... I gotta get rid of that empty arcade cab too. Monday I'll get that on Craigslist (since no point putting it up before then since I'll be out of town)
Gunning for a licensed NES NTSC-U set, follow the madness and poverty here!
Cheat sheet of my collection, always looking to increase it. 405/677 licensed games, 46/"95" unlicensed
Chronically out of date BST thread
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

by BogusMeatFactory Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:05 am

:| I've been given an opportunity today that both confused and alarmed me. I was invited to submit some interactive fiction to a site to host and would be paid for the submission at $0.09 per word at a maximum of 5000 words (3500 max preferred). I am hit with an intense anxiety over this as I could do it, I really could, but I am scared to. I am absolutely frightened to.

If I made it at 3500 words, that would be $315. I know that doesn't seem like a lot, but I could get paid to write text based adventure games, something that I do and love doing, but I get so self conscious about showing anyone what I have done. Hell, most of my stuff is far from finished, because of said self-esteem issues.

I might just have to take the games on a hiatus and just try. What harm could it do?
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
MrPopo

by MrPopo Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:23 am

Where are people living that houses are sub 100k?
Games Beaten: 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

by BogusMeatFactory Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:25 am

MrPopo wrote:Where are people living that houses are sub 100k?

Detroit. Want a dilapidated mansion? $3000
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever