Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Luke
Next-Gen

Re: the"was it a good deal" thread

by Luke Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:30 am

We've have a What is it worth thread. You can check there to see what it's worth to come to a conclusion if you got a good deal or not.

Cheers!
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:26 pm

Luke wrote:We've have a What is it worth thread. You can check there to see what it's worth to come to a conclusion if you got a good deal or not.

Cheers!

This one too. Though this one shows lucky finds.
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=10186&hilit=video+game+finds
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

pepharytheworm
Next-Gen

by pepharytheworm Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:51 pm

I think 'Is/was this a good deal" is a thread that should stay on its own. the 'Whats it worth" seems more for sellers getting a price and this thread knowing if you should buy or not. Or if you have if you were ripped off. Some people think less topics = less clutter but I say more specific topics creates less clutter. That way you are only reading what you need without pouring through unrelated stuff. General threads cause clutter! Why would I ask someone if this was a good deal in the "Deals of the Day" thread, if I don't know if it's a deal?

Its been my opinion, in regards to selling, that people say higher prices for what its worth. People say lower amounts for a good deal. Is paying $2 less then what its worth really a good deal? No, unless its something regularly $5.
Where's my chippy? There's my chippy.
axlryder
16-bit

by axlryder Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:03 pm

pepharytheworm wrote:I think 'Is/was this a good deal" is a thread that should stay on its own. the 'Whats it worth" seems more for sellers getting a price and this thread knowing if you should buy or not. Or if you have if you were ripped off. Some people think less topics = less clutter but I say more specific topics creates less clutter. That way you are only reading what you need without pouring through unrelated stuff. General threads cause clutter! Why would I ask someone if this was a good deal in the "Deals of the Day" thread, if I don't know if it's a deal?

yeah, that's kind of the conclusion I was coming to as well. This thread would be dedicated mostly to just the people who bought, or are about to make a purchase, and need to know if their purchase was a good one. It's also more specific to an exact price, so people can take a quick look and say "yes" or "no" and here's why. Either way, I doubt this will become an established thread, but it was a nice dream I suppose.
pepharytheworm
Next-Gen

by pepharytheworm Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:06 pm

axlryder wrote:
pepharytheworm wrote:I think 'Is/was this a good deal" is a thread that should stay on its own. the 'Whats it worth" seems more for sellers getting a price and this thread knowing if you should buy or not. Or if you have if you were ripped off. Some people think less topics = less clutter but I say more specific topics creates less clutter. That way you are only reading what you need without pouring through unrelated stuff. General threads cause clutter! Why would I ask someone if this was a good deal in the "Deals of the Day" thread, if I don't know if it's a deal?

yeah, that's kind of the conclusion I was coming to as well. This thread would be dedicated mostly to just the people who bought, or are about to make a purchase, and need to know if their purchase was a good one. It's also more specific to an exact price, so people can take a quick look and say "yes" or "no" and here's why. Either way, I doubt this will become an established thread, but it was a nice dream I suppose.

Give it time I am sure it will, people start individual threads all the time if they should buy something or not. My only suggestion is to change the title to The " Was/Is This a Good Deal?"
axlryder
16-bit

by axlryder Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:17 pm

pepharytheworm wrote: Give it time I am sure it will, people start individual threads all the time if they should buy something or not. My only suggestion is to change the title to The " Was/Is This a Good Deal?"

thanks for the advice
aaron
Next-Gen

Re: the"was/is this a good deal" thread

by aaron Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:50 am

i think it's a good idea, worm. i'll start.

i got a fat ps2, 5 sports games and Ico CIB for $60. good deal?
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
pepharytheworm
Next-Gen

by pepharytheworm Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:29 pm

aaron wrote:i think it's a good idea, worm. i'll start.

i got a fat ps2, 5 sports games and Ico CIB for $60. good deal?

Seems like an okay deal to me. PS2s still sell for $50+ and Ico any where from $25+. Depending on the condition could make this an okay deal to a great deal. Is everything included with PS2 and is Ico CIB. As for the sports titles if they have a year in the title, at the most added $5 value togther. So I would say you saved at least $15 compared to fair market value.
aaron
Next-Gen

by aaron Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:56 pm

yeah i felt like it was basically what i'd pay somewhere else. i'm going to pick it up today so we'll see. he says Ico is CIB and it's a fat ps2 (which i've been looking for since my slim died.

i'm just excited to be able to play the 13 ps2 games i've had sitting in my queue for a while now since i lost my last system.
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
axlryder
16-bit

by axlryder Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:29 pm

aaron wrote:yeah i felt like it was basically what i'd pay somewhere else. i'm going to pick it up today so we'll see. he says Ico is CIB and it's a fat ps2 (which i've been looking for since my slim died.

i'm just excited to be able to play the 13 ps2 games i've had sitting in my queue for a while now since i lost my last system.

yeah, it's not a bad deal, the ps2 and ico can easily go for that. Did ico come complete? because that would definitely make a difference.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever