Dedicated "What Is This Worth?" Thread

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Re: Dedicated "What Is This Worth?" Thread

Post by retrosportsgamer »

I can't believe Silent Service isn't in that lot. Silent Service is in every lot.

Yes, $150 for that group is a very good deal.
zombi
8-bit

Post by zombi »

Thanks all.

How about these ones...

SNES Mario Set (complete except for the game is missing) + Pit Fighter & Tetris 2 - $80

and...

Metroid, Mario Bros., Godzilla, Ninja Gaiden, and LoZ (not pictured) - $30

TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

I'd say no on the SNES and just okay on the NES.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

$30 is decent for the NES carts when you couple in LoZ. You're coming out ahead there.

Without the pack-in game, the SNES is a no for me.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

So last night I was going through one of my many boxes of random promo crap from my days at Software ETC, running a sizable lanparty, and running a convention. I know what most of the items are worth ($5-10), but then I found something that is apparently not on the internet:

On the right is a window sticker designed like paper talisman for Ikaruga. There is no mention of this online (atleast in my hourish of searching for it last night). Any idea on the value? It is official, it is mint, and it is a USA promo for what is considered by many to be one of the best verts ever.

And yes, that is a roll of GBA "surfboard" stickers, a GBA sp pen, GBA sp medallion, Gamecube temporary tattoos, Game and Watch ereader card, and one of my many Gamecube promo mini cds (I have several in shrink, one out of shrink but sealed, and this one that has been used). I am trying to catalog the items with rough values before I decide what I am going to do with them, this is a very small sample of what was in that box.

I did post this at System11 aswell.
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

I have a Sega CD Model 2 (With Power Brick) that I'm probably going to throw on the trade station.

I bought it from a local shop, so I'm sure I paid a little high for it. What is the general going rate on these?
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

dunpeal2064 wrote:I have a Sega CD Model 2 (With Power Brick) that I'm probably going to throw on the trade station.

I bought it from a local shop, so I'm sure I paid a little high for it. What is the general going rate on these?

I'd say about $50ish
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

Yikes! Definitely overpaid a bit.

Thanks dsh, appreciate it.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

fastbilly1 wrote:I did post this at System11 aswell.

This would have been my advice. I've seen random bits do very well. My guess would be in the $25 range, but who knows

Be careful - shmups has taken the Neo approach (ie, the anti-NA approach) to IC and FO threads. You have to be very clear in how you word it that you aren't fishing for offers, etc.

@Chaz - you are better off putting a GENESIS with your model 2 Sega CD, adding a $20 console will add $50 to the value. Meaning, Model 2 SEGA CD w/GEN combos do $100-ish, just the bare SEGA CD add-on does $50.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

mjmjr25 wrote:
fastbilly1 wrote:I did post this at System11 aswell.

This would have been my advice. I've seen random bits do very well. My guess would be in the $25 range, but who knows

Be careful - shmups has taken the Neo approach (ie, the anti-NA approach) to IC and FO threads. You have to be very clear in how you word it that you aren't fishing for offers, etc.

There is a what its worth thread there too. The only other Ikaruga promos I know of are the arcade flyer and the Sake set. I sold my Sake set for a sizable sum back in 2007 when I was unemployed.