Dedicated "What Is This Worth?" Thread

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
mjmjr25

Re: Dedicated "What Is This Worth?" Thread

Post by mjmjr25 »

If you're shipping parcel post, it will cost more to ship in multiple boxes. Ship parcel post and just use one big box - should stay at no more than $25, probably not even that.

Bundles do require a discount for sure - usually 10-20% depending on how motivated the seller is.

You have a lot of stuff, priced low as it is - to be perfectly honest, you could bump many of your games up a $1-2 and hock them in the NA marketplace.

Another option is to fill up like (3) medium flat rate boxes, take a overhead pic of the box and put em' at like $55-60 each maybe.

Also, the possibly not working snes isn't worth it's weight to ship. However, if those controllers you have are original pads, good shape - you can get $7-10 each on those.
DonSilvestre
32-bit

Post by DonSilvestre »

Trying to figure out the value on the Manual and Box for both Megaman 1 and 5. There are so few of them on eBay that I can't nail down a decent value. I have an opportunity to grab them for about $20.00 total. I'm confident it's worth it, I just can't figure out HOW good of a deal I'm getting. Anybody have any guesses? This is MINUS the game, box and manual only in good condition.
"Let's attack aggressively." - Sully | The Don's Mancave
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

In 7/10 or better condition, you are doing VERY well. The MM manuals range from $6-15 depending on condition, MM 4 is on the higher end of that range. The boxes are really going to be determined by condition, again if at least 7/10 you're looking at $10-30 each. I'd say that lot of 4 items, assuming good or better shape at least $35+ in value.
harper
Next-Gen

Post by harper »

This isn't so much a "what is this worth?" question, but I wanted to get some opinions on this if at all possible. There's a guy over at Gametz offering me Conker's Bad Fur Day and Gex 64 for $46 shipped. I know that Conker's alone usually goes for $40+ so I'm not saying it's a bad deal, but is it good enough that I should go for it? Or should I wait and see if I can get a better deal on Conker's? Worst case scenario, I can get this now and if I ever do end up finding a better deal I can resell it and hopefully get some of my money back. But honestly I don't even really like Conker's (besides the multiplayer which is ok I guess), I mostly just want it for my collection, that's why I'm iffy about paying so much for it. Opinions?
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

harper wrote:This isn't so much a "what is this worth?" question, but I wanted to get some opinions on this if at all possible. There's a guy over at Gametz offering me Conker's Bad Fur Day and Gex 64 for $46 shipped. I know that Conker's alone usually goes for $40+ so I'm not saying it's a bad deal, but is it good enough that I should go for it? Or should I wait and see if I can get a better deal on Conker's? Worst case scenario, I can get this now and if I ever do end up finding a better deal I can resell it and hopefully get some of my money back. But honestly I don't even really like Conker's (besides the multiplayer which is ok I guess), I mostly just want it for my collection, that's why I'm iffy about paying so much for it. Opinions?

Conker's has held steady $35-45 and Gex is a $3-4 game. It isn't a steal. I'd post a WTB on conker's at $35, or just grab it in a bundle of N64 stuff on ebay, get it at about $25 "credit" on a bundle deal.

Gex seems to be in every other ebay lot, so I wouldn't rush to pay over market it on it.
harper
Next-Gen

Post by harper »

mjmjr25 wrote:
harper wrote:This isn't so much a "what is this worth?" question, but I wanted to get some opinions on this if at all possible. There's a guy over at Gametz offering me Conker's Bad Fur Day and Gex 64 for $46 shipped. I know that Conker's alone usually goes for $40+ so I'm not saying it's a bad deal, but is it good enough that I should go for it? Or should I wait and see if I can get a better deal on Conker's? Worst case scenario, I can get this now and if I ever do end up finding a better deal I can resell it and hopefully get some of my money back. But honestly I don't even really like Conker's (besides the multiplayer which is ok I guess), I mostly just want it for my collection, that's why I'm iffy about paying so much for it. Opinions?
Conker's has held steady $35-45 and Gex is a $3-4 game. It isn't a steal. I'd post a WTB on conker's at $35, or just grab it in a bundle of N64 stuff on ebay, get it at about $25 "credit" on a bundle deal. Gex seems to be in every other ebay lot, so I wouldn't rush to pay over market it on it.
Yeah I know Gex is cheap an easy to find. It's just that the guy just purchased a decent sized N64 lot and asked me if I was interested in anything. Gex and Conker's were the only two I don't already have so I asked him how much for the two. I could always wait on Gex, it wouldn't bother me. But when I told him I've been looking for a good deal on Conker's he said he was hoping to get a good chunk of his money back from it, so I don't think he'll budge too much. Should I ask if he'd do like $40 shipped just for Conker's? I still feel like that's a bit much, I hate spending that much on one game, let alone one I'm not even that crazy about to begin with.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

I'd say $40 shipped would be fair.

It's doing $45 very steady on ebay, so $40 is a good price for both of you, saving on fees and the like.

To be honest, I don't think it will go beyond the $45 mark, so if you aren't going to play it and you are in the N64 collecting for the long haul, i'd hold and see if it pops up in trade talks or a bundle.

Worst case scenario, you could easily get your $40 back though too.
harper
Next-Gen

Post by harper »

Actually I just looked back at the messages and earlier he mentioned he'd like $40 plus shipping for Conker's, but I asked him about $40 shipped anyway. We shall see! Thanks for the input. :)
harper
Next-Gen

Post by harper »

Now he's offering to throw in Paper Mario (N64) for $50 shipped (w/ Conker's) because he can't get Paper Mario to work. He said he's opened it up and cleaned everything and still can't get it to work. Is that too risky of an investment? Or is there a chance I could get the game to work? I don't even have a tool to open it up, so if it's an internal problem there's nothing I'd be able to do. Also, does anybody have any idea of what could be wrong with it?
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

I'd take a crack at it - $10 shipped for it - again, worst case you put it up on ebay as tested / not-working and you'd prob get $10 back from someone like me who'd think they could figure it out.

It most likely just needs a deep deep contact cleaning. The only thing that can really get into the circuit board is moisture, that is always an outside possibility.

It also could have been dropped or thrown and a capacitor snapped off - unlikely, but possible, in which case it would need to be resoldered back on.

Invest in a security bit, about $6 shipped on ebay. You can swap out labels and heavily stickered cart-backs for your better games. For example, if this Paper Mario has a really nice label but doesn't work, then you can look for a working Paper Mario w/a really bad label (discounted for bad label). Swap the working game into the cart w/good label :)

To note consider those N64 3.8mm cart bits to be expendable, the bits are pretty chincy and will strip every couple hundred carts. The 4.5mm bit for the N64 systems however are a built more solidly and i'm still on my very first 4.5mm security bit.

So yeah, i'd grab that paper mario.