Dedicated "What Is This Worth?" Thread

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Re: Dedicated "What Is This Worth?" Thread

Post by CD AGES »

I'm going to have disagree. One thing for sure though, DC controller is not terrible. It has its problems (I def agree that the analog stick leaves alot to be desired, luckily I rarely use it) but everything else feels great. If the cable is so much an issue you can just attach it to the nub on the back of the controller. Thats what its there for. The controller feels good on hands at least to me. I may even compete with a stock DC controller for a MvC2 tourney at the end of the month :)

I love the 360 to death but dislike the controller. Dpad is pretty terrible (i play mostly fighters mind you), the face buttons feel squishy to me and bumpbers are usually the first to go out on the controller :( 

But yeah transparent Yellow US DC controller is the rarest. Only own one fully boxed...
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

Gamecube is really really comfy, but only for certain genres. Anything that needs the d-pad or isn't designed with a single "main" button + auxillary buttons in mind feels really awkward on it.

I've always really disliked the shape of the DC controller. I feel like my fingers have nowhere comfortable to rest on the bottom of it.
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

Blu wrote:Thoughts on comfort of Gamecube Controller? Exclude the c-button. I've always felt the R and L buttons make the Gamecube controller one of the most comfortable to use.

Agree. I'm not the biggest cube fan, but GCN controller is perhaps the most comfortable controller ever made. Perfect size which provides incredibly solid grip. A truly unique controller. About the only gripe I have with it is the dpad. Its just to small. Furthermore the controller doesn't lend itself well for particular genres like fighing games. Had to get a ps2 control converter to even tolerate playing cube ports of CvS2, MK DA, MK Deception and Bloody Roar...
Last edited by CD AGES on Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

AppleQueso wrote:I've always really disliked the shape of the DC controller. I feel like my fingers have nowhere comfortable to rest on the bottom of it.

Hmm. I dont have that issue at all really. Do you have big hands? I have small girly hands :/
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

CD AGES wrote:
AppleQueso wrote:I've always really disliked the shape of the DC controller. I feel like my fingers have nowhere comfortable to rest on the bottom of it.

Hmm. I dont have that issue at all really. Do you have big hands? I have small girly hands :/

I don't think I'd describe my hands as "big." At least, I know that I don't like most of the controllers that big handed people tend to like a lot, but I can see the DC controller being comfier if your hands are on the smaller side.

I wish the DC controller still had six face buttons.
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

AppleQueso wrote:
CD AGES wrote:

I don't think I'd describe my hands as "big." At least, I know that I don't like most of the controllers that big handed people tend to like a lot, but I can see the DC controller being comfier if your hands are on the smaller side.

I wish the DC controller still had six face buttons.

Yes! That's perhaps the only major issue have about the DC controller at least to me. Lacking 6 face buttons. Fortunately, Sega took it upon themselves to make a decent Arcade Stick for their console and I really dig arcade sticks :D
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

About the only thing I really like about the Dreamcast controller is the VMU :P. Everything else gets average to sub par ratings in my book :P. Biggest complaint is the bottom wire though. I like to play laying down on my bed and it feels like it is constantly getting in the way or rubbing my wrists :P. Wish they had made a model which allowed the cable to go out the back even if they had to drop one of the VMU slots.
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

Fragems wrote:About the only thing I really like about the Dreamcast controller is the VMU :P. Everything else gets average to sub par ratings in my book :P. Biggest complaint is the bottom wire though. I like to play laying down on my bed and it feels like it is constantly getting in the way or rubbing my wrists :P. Wish they had made a model which allowed the cable to go out the back even if they had to drop one of the VMU slots.

There is that clip spot thing on the back of the controller that will hold the wire back.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

I don't think there is really anything I like about the dreamcast controller. I'd vote it as one of my least favourite, only outdone by the Xbox and the CDi in my console collection.

The VMU is cool in concept, but I've yet to see it actually used well, so meh. The buttons are shallow and spongy, the d-pad has painful angular edges and doesnt seem accurate enough for my liking, the plastic analogue stick is really uncomfy and also very loose feeling. The triggers are OK though I guess.

The lack of either extra face buttons or a 2nd analogue stick is annoying too. If they weren't going to adopt the dual analogue, they could have at least kept the extra buttons the saturn had.
Solaire

Post by Solaire »

Hi, sorry for reviving a somewhat old thread but I have a game that I can't find the value of anywhere. I've been doing tons of research and haven't found anyone selling it on Ebay or any other auction site. Anyway, I have a signed copy of Devil May Cry 4 Collector's Edition for Xbox 360. Only 100 copies were signed by the producer Hiroyuki Kobayashi (producer of Resident Evil 4 as well). Someone claimed to have sold one for $200 back in 2008 so I don't know if it would have increased in value over time or decreased. Can anyone help me out?