Dedicated "What Is This Worth?" Thread

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
antonypas7

Re: Dedicated "What Is This Worth?" Thread

Post by antonypas7 »

Hello From Greece.
I am comfused.
A have a Pc Game from 1988 in perfect condition (LIKE NEW)
Ms-Dos
the name of the game is:"BAAL"
Floppy Disc 5.25
I dont know the value of this game.
Can anyone help me???
I searched everywhere and nothing(ebay, google etc.)
Help Pleaaaseeeeeeeee!!!!!
penorzilla

Post by penorzilla »

I have a game called Golden Immortal for DOS made in 1991 in box.

Here are some pictures: http://imgur.com/a/RzIc9

Any idea of how much something like this might go for?
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

I found my old Pokémon cards recently in storage.

While my old book's pages have aged terribly & "browned," I had the cards inside of protective sleeves (fortunately!) in addition to being inside the book plastics pages and they are all still in nice shape (no discoloration).

Any good ones for playing tournaments or even slightly sought after in there? Pics in spoiler tab. Looks like I only kept the holographic ones :P . I have zero use for these. Quick glance doesn't look like they're worth much when sold as a lot. Maybe ~$25? Appreciate any input!

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

I think the only Pokemon cards that are worth anything from that era are the 1st Edition ones. I think there were also some rare promo/award cards given out, but other than that they're not worth what they once were in their prime.

As for playability, I'm no expert, but I think I read not too long ago that most of those cards have had significant updates. They've essentially been nerfed by more powerful, newer counterparts. So even play-wise, they'd likely be outclassed now.

At this point, I think their greatest value is likely purely nostalgic.
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

Yeah, Michi nailed it. 1st edition and "shadowless" versions of the popular cards can fetch a decent price. Other than that, they tend to top out at around $10 (I think Charizard is still in the $20 range).

Unlike the other big card game, MTG, this game has massive power creep, and very little legacy card support. So, these are only really played by people that want to experience old school Pokemon (I am one of these people).

If you have a Base Set Raichu with a PRERELEASE stamp on it, though, its worth like $10,000, so make sure thats not in there before you pass em along! :lol:
kepl3r

Post by kepl3r »

Trying to get an accurate valuation of what seems to be an extremely rare game.

R-Type II for original Gameboy fully boxed with cart, instructions, poster and cartridge tray. Very good condition. The code on the cart ends in UKV so it's the UK version I guess.

Thanks!
marurun

Post by marurun »

kepl3r wrote:Trying to get an accurate valuation of what seems to be an extremely rare game.

R-Type II for original Gameboy fully boxed with cart, instructions, poster and cartridge tray. Very good condition. The code on the cart ends in UKV so it's the UK version I guess.

Thanks!

You already have a separate thread about this where you claim to have found an answer, so why this duplicate post?
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
kepl3r

Post by kepl3r »

Because now I'm not sure of the value because the example I found is in worse condition than mine and does not have the poster. Plus, didn't realise there was an actual thread for valuation, so wanted to add here to see if anyone else knows.

Thanks
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Well ebay has no record for that version, it barely has one for the also euro release but for FHN (French) and that game alone values to the US $25 shipped. A french guy tried to sell a mint in box one for $240USD shipped, repeatedly and failed then didn't re-list it.

All you can go by is about that, and factor in maybe some sticker clown who has a big raging hard on to own every version (region) of R-Type as a collector might pay a bit more for it, but it's still a huge gamble. I don't think you're going to get the answer you want as in either case as the game is so wide spread and commonly released finding a real figure is likely impossible. The game ROM itself doesn't vary between countries, it's down to a sticker or box/manual packaging having differing languages.
kepl3r

Post by kepl3r »

Thank you