Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
pureevil
64-bit

Re: skipdr premier automatic

by pureevil Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:21 am

Arbitern1 wrote:The Skipdr. Has worked well for me...Discs that havn't played for years work just fine now =)

yeah i'm going to get one to.I have about 20 discs that need fixing.
GOT,ps2 chiped,,game cube sliver,x box,dream cast,n 64,ps2 slim,ps2 slim,game boy sp X2 tribal and black,game gear,saturn(no tv lead),xbox 360,xbox 360 chipped,snes.master system 1and 2.

HAD BACK IN THE DAY vic 20,sega master system,nes,mega drive,super nes,atari st,amiga 500+,ps1,gameboy advance.
pureevil
64-bit

by pureevil Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:24 am

CRTGAMER wrote:
pureevil wrote:I got meguiars same as you use.But some of the discs I have are real bad so I might have to get disc scruber anyway.I will check out the link you have posted.

Link gives an idea how to remove scratches off a Laser disc which is the same material.

If the scratches are real bad, maybe one of the movie rental or Play n Trade places that have a commercial polisher. Careful the sales associate doesn't get carried away with that polisher.

Is the polish you bought in one of the pics below?

yes I got mirror glaze 10
GOT,ps2 chiped,,game cube sliver,x box,dream cast,n 64,ps2 slim,ps2 slim,game boy sp X2 tribal and black,game gear,saturn(no tv lead),xbox 360,xbox 360 chipped,snes.master system 1and 2.

HAD BACK IN THE DAY vic 20,sega master system,nes,mega drive,super nes,atari st,amiga 500+,ps1,gameboy advance.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Sun May 02, 2010 12:23 am

Sorry not working out. Well, keep the bottle, it will take out the swirl marks left by that skipdr. If the scratches are really bad you might have to try commercial polisher. Common when Game Crazy was around.

I scrub in the polish with cotton cloth, let dry thoroughly before hand buffing out with good results.

Did you get a chance to read this link? Gives an idea of procedure.
http://www.instructables.com/id/how-to-polish-out-scratches-on-laser-discs/
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Return to Off-Topic / Whatever