skipdr premier automatic

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
pureevil
64-bit

Re: skipdr premier automatic

Post by pureevil »

Can anyone give me anymore advice on disc repair or tell me what skip dr is like?

what do you use to rpair or cleen discs?
GOT,ps2 chiped,,game cube sliver,x box,dream cast,n 64,ps2 slim,ps2 slim,game boy sp X2 tribal and black,game gear,saturn(no tv lead),xbox 360,xbox 360 chipped,snes.master system 1and 2.

HAD BACK IN THE DAY vic 20,sega master system,nes,mega drive,super nes,atari st,amiga 500+,ps1,gameboy advance.
videogameexperiment
24-bit

Post by videogameexperiment »

Try finding a Disc-go-tech Pod Plus used. It's going to cost $150-200 but its so far above anything skip doctor makes. It depends on how many discs you want to run through. If its just a couple go to a rental/game store and they can run it through there machines for a small price.
The web's first video game public library! http://videogameexperiment.com rents all games for free and sells them for less than Ebay and Amazon! Plus we take anything in on trade-in.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Why not try that plastic polish first? The disc read side is plastic. That is, except for Blu-Ray.
Small investment, does remove scratches on convertible top rear plastic windows.
Last edited by CRTGAMER on Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

jeanjacket812

Post by jeanjacket812 »

I had one they are badass. I paid like 40 for it and it was a good investment it just sucks when you run out of the solution. I think I started using water after I ran out. If you have the money to spend I would recommend it it works just like it says.
pureevil
64-bit

Post by pureevil »

CRTGAMER wrote:Why not try that plastic polish first? The disc read side is plastic. That is, except for Blu-Ray.
Small investment, does remove scratches on convertible top rear plastic windows.

1.thats stuff is hard to find
2.from what you've said i understand its more for disc cleening than repair
3.I have some valuable games that are broken bad not sure your cleener would fix it

please tell me if i have misunderstood
GOT,ps2 chiped,,game cube sliver,x box,dream cast,n 64,ps2 slim,ps2 slim,game boy sp X2 tribal and black,game gear,saturn(no tv lead),xbox 360,xbox 360 chipped,snes.master system 1and 2.

HAD BACK IN THE DAY vic 20,sega master system,nes,mega drive,super nes,atari st,amiga 500+,ps1,gameboy advance.
pureevil
64-bit

Post by pureevil »

jeanjacket812 wrote:I had one they are badass. I paid like 40 for it and it was a good investment it just sucks when you run out of the solution. I think I started using water after I ran out. If you have the money to spend I would recommend it it works just like it says.

Had one what happend to it?Did it leave any ring marks on bottom of disc?

CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

pureevil wrote:
jeanjacket812 wrote:I had one they are badass. I paid like 40 for it and it was a good investment it just sucks when you run out of the solution. I think I started using water after I ran out. If you have the money to spend I would recommend it it works just like it says.

pureevil wrote:
CRTGAMER wrote:Why not try that plastic polish first? The disc read side is plastic. That is, except for Blu-Ray.

3.I have some valuable games that are broken bad not sure your cleener would fix it

Plastic Polish very easy to find. Automotive or major Hardware stores. The ones specially made for convertible top windows will remove scratches from an auto plastic rear window. CD and DVDs have plastic read side, no problem getting rid of those scratches unless very deep. It will even remove swirl marks left by "skipdr scrubbers".

Mentioned this on another post. Automotive Convertible Top Rear Window Polish.
I have very good luck going this route on the read side. Hand buff in, let dry, then wipe off.
Keep in mind fragile side of discs are the label side. Read side has good layer of clear plastic.
Polish takes out scratches on plastic windows, works great on plastic read side of CD and DVD.

Here a link using Plastic Polish on a Laser Disc, same as a CD and DVD disc.
http://www.instructables.com/id/how_to_polish_out_scratches_on_laser_discs/
Last edited by CRTGAMER on Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

jeanjacket812

Post by jeanjacket812 »

pureevil wrote:

Nah it was stolen. My reason for getting one was I got a spindle of unplayable CD's some badass rare stuff and I figured screw it I'll give the skipDr. a go. Stuff that the CD player wouldn't even read as a disc played perfect after 2 runs through the doctor! What you do is you gently clean the disc with the clothe, then you put it in the doctor, then you spray the solution on the disc and let it spin twice.Then you buff it with the clothe, if you have ring marks on your disc you didn't spray the solution right. I never had a disc that thing couldn't mess with!
pureevil
64-bit

Post by pureevil »

CRTGAMER wrote:
pureevil wrote:

pureevil wrote:

still not found this stuff going looking again tomorrow.

Plastic Polish very easy to find. Automotive or major Hardware stores. The ones specially made for convertible top windows will remove scratches from an auto plastic rear window. CD and DVDs have plastic read side, no problem getting rid of those scratches unless very deep. It will even remove swirl marks left by "skipdr scrubbers".

Mentioned this on another post. Automotive Convertible Top Rear Window Polish.
I have very good luck going this route on the read side. Hand buff in, let dry, then wipe off.
Keep in mind fragile side of discs are the label side. Read side has good layer of clear plastic.
Polish takes out scratches on plastic windows, works great on plastic read side of CD and DVD.

Here a link using Plastic Polish on a Laser Disc, same as a CD and DVD disc.
http://www.instructables.com/id/how_to_polish_out_scratches_on_laser_discs/

1.how much should I be paying
2.what brand do you find best

CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Just any brand that will polish out plastic scratches. Scrutinize the label, some are just used for cleaning. The ones made to polish out scratches in automotive convertible plastic windows work great, should cost around 10 dollars.

Automotive or hardware stores.