So what have you guys been watching lately?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Re: So what have you guys been watching lately?

Post by REPO Man »

The season finale for Riverdale makes me SO excited for season two.

Wonder if, and how, they'll bring Sabrina onto the show? I hope she's a Wiccan and that Zelda and Hilda are a lesbian couple raising their niece.

Also, since we have Josie and the Pussycats, where are Alexandra, Alexander and Alan M.?
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

REPO Man wrote:The season finale for Riverdale makes me SO excited for season two.

Wonder if, and how, they'll bring Sabrina onto the show? I hope she's a Wiccan and that Zelda and Hilda are a lesbian couple raising their niece.

Also, since we have Josie and the Pussycats, where are Alexandra, Alexander and Alan M.?

I have no idea what I read but it sounds like a teenage girl talking about...something.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Segata wrote:
REPO Man wrote:The season finale for Riverdale makes me SO excited for season two.

I have no idea what I read but it sounds like a teenage girl talking about...something.

Well, the show's a lot darker than you think. The first episode starts with...
the disappearance of Jason Blossom, who by the end of the episode turns up dead.

Also, Archie scores with a MILFy (well, pre-MILFy) Miss Grundy, who here is a 30something who as it turns out...
that she isn't the real Miss Grundy, and that she stole the identity of a late teacher who apparently resembles the comic book version of Miss Grundy, all to hide from an abusive husband.

Despite the teen-glamour sheen it's really more like a teen-friendly murder mystery. I'm actually surprised how dark it ended up being, especially the final scene!
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

REPO Man wrote:
Segata wrote:

Well, the show's a lot darker than you think. The first episode starts with...
the disappearance of Jason Blossom, who by the end of the episode turns up dead.

Also, Archie scores with a MILFy (well, pre-MILFy) Miss Grundy, who here is a 30something who as it turns out...
that she isn't the real Miss Grundy, and that she stole the identity of a late teacher who apparently resembles the comic book version of Miss Grundy, all to hide from an abusive husband.

Despite the teen-glamour sheen it's really more like a teen-friendly murder mystery. I'm actually surprised how dark it ended up being, especially the final scene!

Doesn't sound very dark. Sounds like a typical teen soap trying to be edgy. Gross. Taking the old Archie comics and making them a sex driven edgy teen soap sounds like the fucking dumbest thing they could do. Like when they made that shit Teen Wolf show. Taking something lighthearted and making it dark and edgy. Fucking stupid.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Yeah, but remember, Archie did have a crossover with the Punisher. I'd watch Riverdale if they did that with Marvel's Netflix version...or better yet, Punisher kills the Archie universe.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

there was also Archie Vs. Predator.
Ack

Post by Ack »

noiseredux wrote:there was also Archie Vs. Predator.

I want this crossover on TV just so I can laugh when the Predator rips out Jughead's skull for a trophy.
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

Ack wrote:Yeah, but remember, Archie did have a crossover with the Punisher. I'd watch Riverdale if they did that with Marvel's Netflix version...or better yet, Punisher kills the Archie universe.

And Dredd. Tho I prefer Thomas Jane as Punisher and Urban as Dredd slaughtering the teens in teen soaps. I'd pay to see that. :lol:
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

https://www.polygon.com/tv/2017/5/24/15 ... lis-konami

Animation looks like and I'm pretty sure I saw Alucard, Sypha, and Grant, so this looks like an adaptation of CV3.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

MrPopo wrote:https://www.polygon.com/tv/2017/5/24/15688266/netflix-castlevania-animated-series-teaser-trailer-warren-ellis-konami

Animation looks like and I'm pretty sure I saw Alucard, Sypha, and Grant, so this looks like an adaptation of CV3.

I'm laughing at the fact that it actually looks kind of legit. Also the art/animation style definitely seems like they're pulling a bit from JoJo.

Anyone catch Twin Peaks?