So what have you guys been watching lately?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
strangenova
Next-Gen

Re: So what have you guys been watching lately?

Post by strangenova »

Ok so it's a double post, but I finished up Iron Fist and yeah its terrible. The writers seem like they were never sure what was coming next, so when they got to the next point they were forced to bend the characters to fit the scenario.

This creates a sense of wishy washy characters and double crosses that have no meaning to them. Also Danny Rand is such a poor lead to follow. He's completely ignorant to the people around him and it makes me cringe and is unbelievable.

On a better note Colleen Wing is a great character who is grounded and deep, I look forward to seeing more of her character as the netflix universe continues on.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Trailer Park Boys season 11

Back in Sunnyvale, instead of the ridiculous travel show wanna be that Season 10 was. Though the loss of Lucy and Jroc was substantial in the storytelling. While it had several good episodes, but their once solid formula is now wearing thin.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Am I the only one that watched Legion? Seriously, what a great show. Just finished the finale yesterday. Just love the style and the music choices are phenomenal.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
strangenova
Next-Gen

Post by strangenova »

Stark wrote:Am I the only one that watched Legion? Seriously, what a great show. Just finished the finale yesterday. Just love the style and the music choices are phenomenal.

I intend to watch Legion. I don't have satellite or Cable, so I wait for shows to hit the major streaming services
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

I started watching Black Mirror on Netflix. I was a bit disappointed to see how few episodes each season has, but after watching 2 of them I'm absolutely hooked. For some reason it's set up to play most recent seasons first, so I started with season 3.

Holy shit to the "Playtester" episode. Just holy shit. So well done, and a certain video game reference was so smoothly placed...it was brilliant.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Well folks, I did it. I finished all 5 seasons of the original The A-Team. That's 98 episodes total. I began this endeavor as a nostalgic trip, but the first four seasons were good enough that I enjoyed them in their own right. However the fifth season really is terrible, I don't know if it was new writers or just the weird tonal shift that ruined it... but I totally understand why the show bombed in its last season. Still, the first four seasons were plenty of fun. My favorite character ultimately is Howling Mad Murdock. Yes Dwight Schultz was truly a fantastic actor with incredible range throughout the whole shebang. And who couldn't love Mr. T? Anyway, now that I've completed Magnum, P.I. and The A-Team, I guess Knight Rider will be my next '80s binge.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Exhuminator wrote:Image

Well folks, I did it. I finished all 5 seasons of the original The A-Team. That's 98 episodes total. I began this endeavor as a nostalgic trip, but the first four seasons were good enough that I enjoyed them in their own right. However the fifth season really is terrible, I don't know if it was new writers or just the weird tonal shift that ruined it... but I totally understand why the show bombed in its last season. Still, the first four seasons were plenty of fun. My favorite character ultimately is Howling Mad Murdock. Yes Dwight Schultz was truly a fantastic actor with incredible range throughout the whole shebang. And who couldn't love Mr. T? Anyway, now that I've completed Magnum, P.I. and The A-Team, I guess Knight Rider will be my next '80s binge.

Yesssss. The A-Team was one of my absolute favorite shows as a kid.

Also, I assume everyone knows that Mr. T is going to be on Dancing With the Stars, which might be the only reason I'd ever turn that show on. ;)
Ack

Post by Ack »

Oh dude, do Air Wolf soon.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Exhuminator wrote:However the fifth season really is terrible, I don't know if it was new writers or just the weird tonal shift that ruined it... but I totally understand why the show bombed in its last season.

There's a reason I didn't even bother purchasing season 5 when I snagged the rest of the set.

I know it's not fun 80's shows, but you should also snag the Three Stooges DVDs. They've got them put together pretty nicely; the sets group together the years so it's easy to get the stuff for your favorite third Stooge.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

We have movie sign:

And a slight puppet problem...

Gypsys stand is broken so the Gonk that stores power and network cables is the standin.

Edit:
Having watched it twice now, it is just a modern version of the original with properly updated quips. There are a couple things I do not like, Servo now floats in the theater and will go over the screen, Gypsy does the same, but I will get over it. Fair warning, there is a rapsong in it that will get stuck in your head.

During the second viewing of the episode I figured out the second to last part for Waverly, it is also in the mail.