Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
isiolia
Next-Gen

Re: So what have you guys been watching lately?

by isiolia Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:21 am

Can always get HBO Now and the corresponding app for your Xbox. First month is free even, so you could even just wait until it's finished and use that to binge it.

I need to turn my subscription back on for it though >.>
Derryck

by Derryck Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:28 pm

I've been watching "Alex, Inc." with Zach Braff, you know, "JD" from Scrubs.

It's actually a cute little sitcom, that I'd recommend to you. Nothing special or big, but still better than 95% of the sitcoms that are currently on air.
~ posted by Derryck :)
Segata
Next-Gen

by Segata Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:11 am

Lost in Space. My god this show sucks. Do we start with every moment of this show being boring or the bad writing or the super cliche moments or the bland characters? Or how so little makes any damn sense? Yes. We just did. Oh about people in the far future using iPhones or modern TVs or 1970s CB radios for no reason on a SPACESHIP IN THE FUTURE! God at least the 1998 film had a look of advanced tech even if it did have a SGI product placement who died a year after this film. Here everything is white with 1970s buttons and CB radios and iPhones and modern-day Oreo product placement. Nothing is good about this show. ooh it's modern because Judy is black and Dr. Smith is a woman..except it adds nothing. Changes nothing. No one has any character. Will is not smart. Penny is just whatever. Judy cries a lot because...whatever. Oh hey, and we are bombarded with dull flashbacks of the earth. Aliens attack, there I saved you 10 episodes. Why do they attack? Because show needs to happen. Surprise Alien is robot and robot becomes a friend but no one trusts it because it was once bad but now it's good until it's bad again until it's good again...oh fuck off Big Show of WWE turns heel and face less than this thing. At least the Robot did what Big Show didn't..retire. I wish I could go into more detail about the cliche moments but there is so many. Think of every 1990s movie trope and it's in this show. Like Outrunning the storm in a car to get to safety in the ship but hold on someone is out there "We can make it" when no they can't but yes they do just in time! Just like that movie Twister. Or how about the long drive to the place where plot happens we have a moment of having fun with van Halen playing during a convoy...like Twister. Oh and the so many fake out deaths. Oh, no ship falls over the cliff with hero inside! Is he dead? NO, he climbs up and everything is good again even tho there was literally no way he would have gotten out...ugh. Oh and remember the spiders in the 1998 film..this one has Eeels.The 1998 film has more to like than this show like cast,set design and robot design. Even the 2004 reboot had more promise. Stay away from this and let them be lost.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:48 pm

Started True Blood a few nights ago. Only saw the first episode so far.
Stark
Next-Gen

by Stark Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:49 am

I've been watching:

The Americans - Season 5 - This is the last season of this amazing show. The writing, acting, direction are all stellar. This season is really ramping up to the end of the Cold War and is intense.

LEGION - Season 2 - If you liked Season 1, this is more of that. Wacky, retro-futuristic, and confusing as hell. I'm very intrigued as to where this is going and we also get a lot more screen time with Jemaine Clement, which is great, cause he's great.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

by Jagosaurus Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:27 pm

REPO Man wrote:Started True Blood a few nights ago. Only saw the first episode so far.

The 1st season of True Blood is good stuff. I really enjoyed around S1-S4 or so but then it starts getting really nuts. Like they had to top last season's antics & were reaching too much.

My favorite part of this genre is seeing the author's (originally a book series here) take on the respective lore. In this case vampires, shape shifters, witches, etc.

It's fun.... just get ready for some WTH plot lines later.

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen

Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

by samsonlonghair Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:58 pm

Jagosaurus wrote:
REPO Man wrote:Started True Blood a few nights ago. Only saw the first episode so far.

The 1st season of True Blood is good stuff. I really enjoyed around S1-S4 or so but then it starts getting really nuts. Like they had to top last season's antics & were reaching too much.

My favorite part of this genre is seeing the author's (originally a book series here) take on the respective lore. In this case vampires, shape shifters, witches, etc.

It's fun.... just get ready for some WTH plot lines later.

Can confirm. Loved the first season. Gave up some time around the middle of season three. It just gets stupid to the point where I could no longer suspend disbelief.
stickem
Next-Gen

by stickem Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:02 pm

I kept watching but stopped at the last season after episode 2. I really need to finish it to just finish it off. I started losing interest around the lilith season. The show became less of a show about the town and living among supernaturals and more about corporation/political shit.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

by Jagosaurus Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:09 pm

Is season 2 the crazy witch and weird cult orgy setting throughout? They reeled it back in after that... but not for long :lol:

Jason Stackhouse made the series for me...

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
stickem
Next-Gen

by stickem Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:13 pm

Yeah, i can't believe he hasn't been in more shit, he played his character great. I stuck around because I had a thing for anna paquin lol, and the preachers wife was pretty dam hot herself.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever