So what have you guys been watching lately?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Michi
Next-Gen

Re: So what have you guys been watching lately?

Post by Michi »

noiseredux wrote:
Michi wrote:This might actually force me to create a Netflix account.

of all the people in the world to not have a Netflix account, I'm really baffled by you. :|

What can I say, I'm cheap and was trying to save the $10 a month on other things *shrugs*
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I get being cheap. But considering how much you enjoy watching stuff, and given the quality of the Netflix originals these days... I think you will find it worth it to you.

Or like Fast said - get the 30 day free trial, lots of coffee and binge this along with all the Marvel shows, the Wet Hot American Summer prequel series, Stranger Things, and so on.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Since Reptilicius was announced, the belief is that the leaked list is probably accurate:
At the Earths Core
Avalanche
Carnival Magic
Cry Wilderness
Hercules
Reptilicus
Starcrash
The Beast of the Hollow Mountain
The Christmas that Almost Wasnt
The Land that Time Forgot
Time Travelers
Wizards Of The Lost Kingdom
Wizards Of The Lost Kingdom 2
Yongary

I have seen most of them standalone - Wizards of the Lost Kingdom is an insane Argentinean high fantasy film where one of the main characters is literally named Hydrogen and the wizards powers go from laughable to city destroying with no rhyme or reason to it. It is awesome 80s schlock.

The Land that Time Forgot is an interesting take on Edgar Rice Burroughs Pelliucador story, set in WW1. It was big in the UK in the 70s and is a decent movie though with very poor special effects and a couple scenes that do not make any sense.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

noiseredux wrote:Or like Fast said - get the 30 day free trial, lots of coffee and binge this along with all the Marvel shows, the Wet Hot American Summer prequel series, Stranger Things, and so on.

You must also binge Arrested Development, including the Netflix-exclusive final season, and Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate Events. Both are great.

EDIT: Also, I am pumped for Carnival Magic. I kind-of wanted to watch that anyway, and it should be improved by the MST3K treatment.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

I just saw an episode of The Amazing World of Gumball (a repeat), entitled "The Compilation", that actually made a reference to, of all things, the soul-crushing AF lost episode creepypasta Amazing World of Gumball "The Grieving".

The episode, which is done in the style of a compilation of viral videos from the in-universe ersatz YouTube, features a clip that claims to show a clip from The Grieving, only for it to be a troll video with the saxophone-playing chihuahua (an in-universe parody of the Rickroll).

Here's the MrCreepypasta narration of the original story.

You are welcome.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Wizards of the Lost Kingdom has haunted me for years. Fast knows about this. It might also explain some of the rights issues Rifftrax had with their version of it.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Missed this one earlier:
noiseredux wrote:Or like Fast said - get the 30 day free trial, lots of coffee and binge this along with all the Marvel shows, the Wet Hot American Summer prequel series, Stranger Things, and so on.

Such a bad idea. For future reference, making a prequel 10 years later where the actors were already too old for the parts in the movie, is sad. 40 year olds trying to be 18 are like actors in their 60s doing slapstick.

Stranger Things however is bloody incredible.

Recently I have been rewatching Archer and Samurai Jack. Archer has a new season next month and Samurai Jacks new season just started. I havent watched Jack in a very very long time, so alot of the episodes are fresh to me.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

fastbilly1 wrote:Such a bad idea. For future reference, making a prequel 10 years later where the actors were already too old for the parts in the movie, is sad. 40 year olds trying to be 18 are like actors in their 60s doing slapstick.

but that was part of the joke.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

noiseredux wrote:
fastbilly1 wrote:Such a bad idea. For future reference, making a prequel 10 years later where the actors were already too old for the parts in the movie, is sad. 40 year olds trying to be 18 are like actors in their 60s doing slapstick.

but that was part of the joke.

They setup a sequel IN the movie about them being in their late 30s early 40s. It could have been a great series*. All it did was make me realize that Elizabeth Banks is incredible.

Edit:
*Turns out it is going to be a series: Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later
Ack

Post by Ack »

fastbilly1 wrote: are like actors in their 60s doing slapstick

What, you saying you didn't like The New Three Stooges?