Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Golgo 14
128-bit

Re: So what have you guys been watching lately?

by Golgo 14 Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:53 am

This guy does short recaps of classic Doctor Who seasons that I think are amusing.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... PF-F1o_UZ8

I'm a strange type of Doctor Who fan in that I've watched the show for decades and I like a lot about it, but I'm certain I've never watched an entire story. When I was a kid, one of our local public television stations used to play it late at night on weekends. I was amazed by how many episodes some of the stories had, and I just did not have the attention span for that sort of thing. Years later, I pretty much feel the same way. Pluto TV has a Doctor Who channel and I sometimes put it on in the background. Just give me some Tom Baker, a little Dalek talk, and a few plays of that great theme song and I'm good to go.
marurun wrote: We’re not going to rubber stamp your horrible decisions.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:09 am

Classic Who is on BritBox, which is also available as a Prime Video Channel.
Syndicate
32-bit

by Syndicate Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:39 pm

...my kids discovered the Avatar series so I've been watching on and off w/them even though I've seen both multiple times. They're up to Book 4 of the Korra series, so it'll be wrapping up soon. I was watching the Bad Batch, but fell behind just being busy, I hope to get back to it soon to wrap the series up.
TheSSNintendo
128-bit

by TheSSNintendo Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:52 pm

Got one more episode left in season 7 of Brooklyn Nine-Nine before I start the final season.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:34 pm

Robot Chicken, but I started with season 7.
marurun

by marurun Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:01 pm

Finished the first episode of Netflix’s live action Cowboy Bebop. I like it ok. The dialogue isn’t great, but it’s not bad. The special effects are adequate. Some of the supporting cast are mediocre, but the series leads are so well cast. Hell, Mustafa Shakir almost sounds like Beau Billingslea. But the characters are clearly different from their animated versions, and not in a bad way. Cho’s Spike feels like he has a little more depth than the very flat portrayal by Blum in the animated version. Many reviews have been pretty critical, and maybe the later episodes will end up feeling a little rougher, but almost every review, even the very critical ones, love the casting, and I’m with them on that. Hopefully the later episodes keep me interested. As it stands episode 1 is a resounding “Good enough for me!”
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

by Raging Justice Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:04 pm

As a Cowboy Bebop fan I think the Netflix version is a travesty, cringe worthy in every way. I agree with the overall negative response it's getting everywhere. They should have gotten the people who adapted Rurouni Kenshin to live action to work on this, with Shinichirō Watanabe as a producer or something. That's just my opinion though. Hell, probably would have been better to just leave the anime alone altogether.

Watched the first two episodes of Arcane on Netflix. I don't know much about League of Legends, but I find this show interesting. Might be the next animated show I get into with Invincible and The Dragon Prince on hiatus (and Castlevania being done). Pretty cool hearing Shohreh Aghdashloo voice one of the characters, makes me miss The Expanse even more. When is that show coming back?

Has anyone seen Blade Runner: Black Lotus? Is it any good?
Note
Next-Gen

by Note Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:58 am

Finally watched the first few episodes of Squid Game. Think I'm up to episode 4 now. I'm into it, but wow, it's messed up!

The pickpocket girl is badass. Lol.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

by Raging Justice Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:53 pm

Note wrote:Finally watched the first few episodes of Squid Game. Think I'm up to episode 4 now. I'm into it, but wow, it's messed up!

The pickpocket girl is badass. Lol.

Yes! I forgot. That's another series I want to check out. I got kind of distracted by Arcane
stickem
Next-Gen

by stickem Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:00 pm

watching my favorite series Dexter, and the new series finale i guess. It's so so, but glad to have it back.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever