Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Cell Phone Tips and Portable Retro Gaming

by noiseredux Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:31 pm

I just got an LG Rumor Touch... apparently there's some good cellphone games thru Virgin Mobile. Namco has a bunch of shit on there. And Final Fantasy is available! (not that I need another portable FF game, but...)
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:51 pm

noiseredux wrote:I just got an LG Rumor Touch... apparently there's some good cellphone games thru Virgin Mobile. Namco has a bunch of shit on there. And Final Fantasy is available! (not that I need another portable FF game, but...)

Understatement of the year. :lol:

Good move getting a keyboard model. Not sure if TK Explorer is compatible on your phone. If it is have fun but be careful of Brick risk.

Check here, maybe a similar LG phone might be Rumor compatible.
http://www.youmobile.org/viewPage.php?ID=Forums
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:02 pm

I already had a keyboard -- Tmobile Sidekick that died. :( But I love this phone. WTF is TK Explorer??
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:01 am

noiseredux wrote:I already had a keyboard -- Tmobile Sidekick that died. :( But I love this phone. WTF is TK Explorer??

A way to get into the inner workings of your phone. You can get into areas that normally can't be touched such as deleting factory locked files, changing internal factory default sounds and wallpapers and dumping jar/jad files direct to internal memory from PC. Bitpim and EFS File Explorer are alternatives if TK Explorer isn't compatible. Once phone is customized, it needs refreshed usually by dialing in a factory programming code. All changes have to be done meticulously to avoid a brick. Look for various LG message boards Link at my previous Reply to get a better idea.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

BlackDS
Next-Gen

by BlackDS Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:07 pm

CRTGAMER wrote:
noiseredux wrote:I already had a keyboard -- Tmobile Sidekick that died. :( But I love this phone. WTF is TK Explorer??

A way to get into the inner workings of your phone. You can get into areas that normally can't be touched such as deleting factory locked files, changing internal factory default sounds and wallpapers and dumping jar/jad files direct to internal memory from PC. Bitpim and EFS File Explorer are alternatives if TK Explorer isn't compatible. Once phone is customized, it needs refreshed usually by dialing in a factory programming code. All changes have to be done meticulously to avoid a brick. Look for various LG message boards Link at my previous Reply to get a better idea.

Why would you want to delete the factory locked files.
Ack wrote:You WILL be respectful of each other, or I WILL shove my mod foot so far up your Internet ass that your avatar will wince. Do you understand, children?

My Sale thread, lots of nintendo, neo-geo, and sega stuff!
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=24526&p=305373#p305373
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:46 pm

BlackDS wrote:
CRTGAMER wrote:

Why would you want to delete the factory locked files.

The useless apps that are in the way.
Coolest thing is dumping jar/jad game files from PC, as well as backing them up to the hard drive.

Return to Off-Topic / Whatever