Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
User avatar
dsheinem
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 22999
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:56 pm
Location: Northeast Pennsylvania

Re: RACKETBOY 2009 CHARITY AUCTION - THANKS EVERYONE!

by dsheinem Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:37 pm

RadarScope1 wrote: I was very nice to receive it.


Yup, that's why they sent it :lol:

By the way, I just contacted Ryan as the BFCCP is offering us a brick in their walkway (or building, or somewhere...need to call them back!), and they thought we might want to put it in his mother's name.

EDIT: It's in their "pathway of hope"

I'll keep everyone posted.
User avatar
jp1
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 4100
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:04 pm

Re: RACKETBOY 2009 CHARITY AUCTION - THANKS EVERYONE!

by jp1 Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:43 pm

I got a letter from them as well. That would be awesome if they would place a brick for Ryan's mom. It is nice to see that the organization seems genuinely grateful for the donation.

I'm going to try to put away at least 1 item a month for next years auction.
User avatar
Luke
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 21077
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:39 am

Re: RACKETBOY 2009 CHARITY AUCTION - THANKS EVERYONE!

by Luke Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:04 pm

I learned last night that Kingmod has not received his game yet. Just wondering if everyone has received their games sent from me.

I asked kingmod to shoot me a pm if he doesn't receive the game by the end of the week. If he doesn't, I'll purchase another copy of the game he won and resend it (luckily for me DOOM 64 is fairly cheap and available for purchase).

Please let me know if you bought an auction item from me and have not received it.
User avatar
RadarScope1
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1718
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:01 pm
Location: Missouri

Re: RACKETBOY 2009 CHARITY AUCTION - THANKS EVERYONE!

by RadarScope1 Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:46 pm

dsheinem wrote:
RadarScope1 wrote: I was very nice to receive it.


Yup, that's why they sent it :lol:

By the way, I just contacted Ryan as the BFCCP is offering us a brick in their walkway (or building, or somewhere...need to call them back!), and they thought we might want to put it in his mother's name.

EDIT: It's in their "pathway of hope"

I'll keep everyone posted.


LOL
User avatar
jmbarnes101
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1619
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:32 am
Location: The Chilly Confines of Minnesota

Re: RACKETBOY 2009 CHARITY AUCTION - THANKS EVERYONE!

by jmbarnes101 Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:46 pm

I haven't been home in 3 weeks so I have no idea if the last of the stuff I was waiting for has arrived or not.

Brother Bear PC game
MK Trilogy - PS 1

If my wife ever gets around to telling me or if I get home soon I'll let you know.
My FS/FT/WTTF list:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=14867&p=149112#p149112

Game Systems Owned:
NES, NES 2 (AV mod), SNES, SNES 2, N64 (Pikachu), Gamecube (Pokemon, Purple JPN modded), Wii, Wii U (Zelda), GB Pocket, GBA (2x-Arctic & Indigo), GBA SP (3x), DS Lite (Crimson/Black), 3DS (Aqua Blue), Sega CDX, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear, Lynx, PSP (2x)
User avatar
aaron
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 7129
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:10 pm
Location: Indianapolis

Re: RACKETBOY 2009 CHARITY AUCTION - THANKS EVERYONE!

by aaron Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:46 pm

jmbarnes101 wrote:I haven't been home in 3 weeks so I have no idea if the last of the stuff I was waiting for has arrived or not.

Brother Bear PC game
MK Trilogy - PS 1

If my wife ever gets around to telling me or if I get home soon I'll let you know.


both of these items were mine and i sent them out together so you should have them waiting for you at home
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
User avatar
dsheinem
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 22999
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:56 pm
Location: Northeast Pennsylvania

Re: RACKETBOY 2009 CHARITY AUCTION - THANKS EVERYONE!

by dsheinem Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:16 pm

FYI:

bfccp1.jpg
bfccp1.jpg (47.65 KiB) Viewed 373 times


bfccp2.jpg
bfccp2.jpg (39.17 KiB) Viewed 374 times


Also:

From: Laura Hunt <lXXXXXX@bettyfordcenter.org>
To: XXXXXXX@XXXX.com
Sent: Thu, February 4, 2010 5:49:55 PM
Subject: Newsletter Article

Hi David,

I am the editor for a newsletter here at the Betty Ford Center where we share inspirational stories of philanthropy with donors and potential donors in support of our fundraising efforts. I heard about your auction in tribute to your forum member’s mother and was very moved by it. I would like to write a short article based on your forum posting. Would that be okay? Might I ask you a few questions, too? Please let me know.

Thank you,

-L

Laura Hunt
Manager, Advancement Services
Betty Ford Center Foundation
41990 Cook Street, Suite C-301
Palm Desert, CA 92211


Of course I said yes.
User avatar
Luke
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 21077
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:39 am

Re: RACKETBOY 2009 CHARITY AUCTION - THANKS EVERYONE!

by Luke Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:31 pm

dsheinem wrote:
Hi David,

I am the editor for a newsletter here at the Betty Ford Center where we share inspirational stories of philanthropy with donors and potential donors in support of our fundraising efforts. I heard about your auction in tribute to your forum member’s mother and was very moved by it. I would like to write a short article based on your forum posting. Would that be okay? Might I ask you a few questions, too? Please let me know.

Thank you,

-L

Laura Hunt
Manager, Advancement Services
Betty Ford Center Foundation
41990 Cook Street, Suite C-301
Palm Desert, CA 92211


Of course I said yes.[/quote]


Excellent.

Hats off to you.
AARST
24-bit
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:24 pm

Re: RACKETBOY 2009 CHARITY AUCTION - THANKS EVERYONE!

by AARST Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:11 pm

That's awesome.

Luke wrote:Please let me know if you bought an auction item from me and have not received it.
Actually, Madden '94 has not arrived.

I'm also still waiting on a few things from Anapan, even though the GameGear and games arrived almost two weeks ago.
Image
User avatar
Anapan
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 2895
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:15 am
Location: BC, Canada

Re: RACKETBOY 2009 CHARITY AUCTION - THANKS EVERYONE!

by Anapan Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:33 pm

The rest of the stuff I had to send at a cheaper rate.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests