Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
User avatar
Mod_Man_Extreme
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 6847
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:05 am
Location: Statesville, North Carolina

Re: RACKETBOY 2009 CHARITY AUCTION - ITEMS SHIPPING!

by Mod_Man_Extreme Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:55 am

OK guys, all of my items shipped out!
My Consoles:
Genesis - Nomad - SegaCD - GameGear - Sega Saturn - Dreamcast - NES - SNES - N64 - Gamecube - Wii - Playstation - PSone & LCD - PS2 - PS3 - Xbox - 3DS

Niode wrote:Send him a dodgy cheque. Make it out to Scammy McScammerson.


Check out my sale thread below, NeoGeo MVS carts & Arcade gear wanted!:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=11366
User avatar
classicgamer5
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1286
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:32 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: RACKETBOY 2009 CHARITY AUCTION - ITEMS SHIPPING!

by classicgamer5 Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:55 am

Mod_Man_Extreme wrote:OK guys, all of my items shipped out!

what did you donate?
User avatar
Mod_Man_Extreme
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 6847
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:05 am
Location: Statesville, North Carolina

Re: RACKETBOY 2009 CHARITY AUCTION - ITEMS SHIPPING!

by Mod_Man_Extreme Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:58 am

classicgamer5 wrote:
Mod_Man_Extreme wrote:OK guys, all of my items shipped out!

what did you donate?

You're getting my ST Propad Saturn controller.
My Consoles:
Genesis - Nomad - SegaCD - GameGear - Sega Saturn - Dreamcast - NES - SNES - N64 - Gamecube - Wii - Playstation - PSone & LCD - PS2 - PS3 - Xbox - 3DS

Niode wrote:Send him a dodgy cheque. Make it out to Scammy McScammerson.


Check out my sale thread below, NeoGeo MVS carts & Arcade gear wanted!:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=11366
User avatar
classicgamer5
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1286
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:32 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: RACKETBOY 2009 CHARITY AUCTION - ITEMS SHIPPING!

by classicgamer5 Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:02 am

Mod_Man_Extreme wrote:
classicgamer5 wrote:
Mod_Man_Extreme wrote:OK guys, all of my items shipped out!

what did you donate?

You're getting my ST Propad Saturn controller.

cool
User avatar
jfe2
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 2350
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:02 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: RACKETBOY 2009 CHARITY AUCTION - ITEMS SHIPPING!

by jfe2 Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:09 pm

I'm heading to the post office to ship my stuff in about an hour. I donated F-Zero X and Cruis'n USA in case anyone was wondering when they were gonna get their stuff. :)

Edit: Shipped my stuff out just now. The lady at the post office counter misheard me and charged me for priority shipping, and when I asked her to correct it she got all snotty and said she would have to get a supervisor to change it. So for the sake of the ten people in line behind me, the charity auction, and my sanity, I ate the $12 shipping cost on two N64 games. :lol:
User avatar
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 21718
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:28 pm
Location: Under a pile of retro stuff in H-town

Re: RACKETBOY 2009 CHARITY AUCTION - ITEMS SHIPPING!

by Hobie-wan Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:32 pm

jfe2 wrote:I'm heading to the post office to ship my stuff in about an hour. I donated F-Zero X and Cruis'n USA in case anyone was wondering when they were gonna get their stuff. :)

Edit: Shipped my stuff out just now. The lady at the post office counter misheard me and charged me for priority shipping, and when I asked her to correct it she got all snotty and said she would have to get a supervisor to change it. So for the sake of the ten people in line behind me, the charity auction, and my sanity, I ate the $12 shipping cost on two N64 games. :lol:


What a crappy postal worker. Those games should have been individually light enough to send them FC, which is equivalent to Priority under a certain weight. Heck, even together if they were cart only and you put them in a bubble pack together they probably would have been light.
User avatar
dsheinem
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 23118
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:56 pm
Location: Northeast Pennsylvania

Re: RACKETBOY 2009 CHARITY AUCTION - ITEMS SHIPPING!

by dsheinem Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:06 pm

$118 later, all my stuff is sent!

Most went first class, some parcel or media. I didn't spring for DC as it would have been another $15-$20 due to the number of packages.

I'm guessing Anapan had the bigggest shipping bill?
User avatar
Mod_Man_Extreme
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 6847
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:05 am
Location: Statesville, North Carolina

Re: RACKETBOY 2009 CHARITY AUCTION - ITEMS SHIPPING!

by Mod_Man_Extreme Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:08 pm

classicgamer5 wrote:
Mod_Man_Extreme wrote:
classicgamer5 wrote:what did you donate?

You're getting my ST Propad Saturn controller.

cool

I'm going to apologize now for how sloppily packed everything looks, I literally had to do this all on the fly at the PO, but I took my time and made sure that while not pretty looking everything would make it out to everyone fine. My local PO just came under new ownership and decided to no longer stock any items that are necessary to ship packages out, they didn't even have any labels! Now they charge .50 cents for a strip of tape, .75 cents for an envelope and $6 for a small box! Luckily I already had tape, so I didn't have to deal with their price gouging ($5 for a roll of freaking tape!) on that and all was well.

That having been said everything went out in padded envelopes except for Anapan's Gamecube Lcd (The only really fragile item), that got put lovingly in a small Amazon box I had with a ton of bubble wrap so hopefully USPS doesn't destroy it on the way up to BC.

I hope everyone enjoys their stuff and it gets to them with no issues!
My Consoles:
Genesis - Nomad - SegaCD - GameGear - Sega Saturn - Dreamcast - NES - SNES - N64 - Gamecube - Wii - Playstation - PSone & LCD - PS2 - PS3 - Xbox - 3DS

Niode wrote:Send him a dodgy cheque. Make it out to Scammy McScammerson.


Check out my sale thread below, NeoGeo MVS carts & Arcade gear wanted!:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=11366
User avatar
classicgamer5
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1286
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:32 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: RACKETBOY 2009 CHARITY AUCTION - ITEMS SHIPPING!

by classicgamer5 Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:51 pm

Mod_Man_Extreme wrote:I'm going to apologize now for how sloppily packed everything looks, I literally had to do this all on the fly at the PO, but I took my time and made sure that while not pretty looking everything would make it out to everyone fine. My local PO just came under new ownership and decided to no longer stock any items that are necessary to ship packages out, they didn't even have any labels! Now they charge .50 cents for a strip of tape, .75 cents for an envelope and $6 for a small box! Luckily I already had tape, so I didn't have to deal with their price gouging ($5 for a roll of freaking tape!) on that and all was well.

That having been said everything went out in padded envelopes except for Anapan's Gamecube Lcd (The only really fragile item), that got put lovingly in a small Amazon box I had with a ton of bubble wrap so hopefully USPS doesn't destroy it on the way up to BC.

I hope everyone enjoys their stuff and it gets to them with no issues!

Dollar General is your friend, $1 for tape, $1 for boxes, $1 for 8 envelopes, and $1 for 2 bubble mailers :D
User avatar
Mod_Man_Extreme
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 6847
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:05 am
Location: Statesville, North Carolina

Re: RACKETBOY 2009 CHARITY AUCTION - ITEMS SHIPPING!

by Mod_Man_Extreme Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:11 pm

classicgamer5 wrote:
Mod_Man_Extreme wrote:I'm going to apologize now for how sloppily packed everything looks, I literally had to do this all on the fly at the PO, but I took my time and made sure that while not pretty looking everything would make it out to everyone fine. My local PO just came under new ownership and decided to no longer stock any items that are necessary to ship packages out, they didn't even have any labels! Now they charge .50 cents for a strip of tape, .75 cents for an envelope and $6 for a small box! Luckily I already had tape, so I didn't have to deal with their price gouging ($5 for a roll of freaking tape!) on that and all was well.

That having been said everything went out in padded envelopes except for Anapan's Gamecube Lcd (The only really fragile item), that got put lovingly in a small Amazon box I had with a ton of bubble wrap so hopefully USPS doesn't destroy it on the way up to BC.

I hope everyone enjoys their stuff and it gets to them with no issues!

Dollar General is your friend, $1 for tape, $1 for boxes, $1 for 8 envelopes, and $1 for 2 bubble mailers :D

I know, but I already had it sitting in the PO, so I opted for dropping a little more cash for the sake of everyone getting their items faster.
My Consoles:
Genesis - Nomad - SegaCD - GameGear - Sega Saturn - Dreamcast - NES - SNES - N64 - Gamecube - Wii - Playstation - PSone & LCD - PS2 - PS3 - Xbox - 3DS

Niode wrote:Send him a dodgy cheque. Make it out to Scammy McScammerson.


Check out my sale thread below, NeoGeo MVS carts & Arcade gear wanted!:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=11366
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests