Image Link Dump Thread.

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Re: Image Link Dump Thread.

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Xeogred wrote:Yup, I played the original through SMB3 a lot I think it was. Never knew about the Atari connection though haha.

Several of the old (pre-NES) Nintendo arcade games were ported to non-Nintendo systems. Specifically, the original Donkey Kong trilogy, Popeye, and Mario Bros....

Mario Bros. was in fact available on four different Atari systems!
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:
Xeogred wrote:Yup, I played the original through SMB3 a lot I think it was. Never knew about the Atari connection though haha.

Several of the old (pre-NES) Nintendo arcade games were ported to non-Nintendo systems. Specifically, the original Donkey Kong trilogy, Popeye, and Mario Bros....

Mario Bros. was in fact available on four different Atari systems!

Don't forget Sky Skipper! It is one of the few Nintendo games that remains exclusive to the arcade and the Atari 2600.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Forgot about that one!

I'm surprised Nintendo hasn't released their old arcade games as a compilation or something.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Forgot about that one!

I'm surprised Nintendo hasn't released their old arcade games as a compilation or something.

I know...If Nintendo announced a compilation of its arcade games for the Switch, I would stand in line for one next month.
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

They'd rather sell you digital retro games individually and charge you again with each new console though :lol: .
TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

^GOT EM
flojocabron
Next-Gen

Post by flojocabron »

Here's something I made earlier. A person on a facebook gaming thread asked how the classic game Qix is pronounced.

I said that I pronounce it like the cereal. And a few hours later, I used my MS paint skills and came up with this.

Enjoy my MS paint creation!
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
Hazerd
Next-Gen

Post by Hazerd »

SNES controllers in this Guess Ad, also looks like some PS1 and Genesis games on the shelf to the left.

Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

I see a bunch of young people being filmed by an old man.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

I see a bunch of stuff thrown together in a way that makes no logical sense D:< (easier if you Google image search for a higher res version).

Some of the PS1 games are Greatest Hits, which would "date" the picture to at least 1997 when that program started. At best, most of the rest of the image skews toward the early 90s, with some parts being far more dated than that.

That sad, one of those Genesis games is Ballz. So, bravo.

'course, the mish-mash of "retro" might also just be the point of the ad too.