Game you LOVE that everyone else HATES

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
sabrage
Next-Gen

Re: Game you LOVE that everyone else HATES

Post by sabrage »

If everyone thought JSRF was a terrible game, it wouldn't hold an 85 on Metacritic and run you $20.
GameMasterGuy
Next-Gen

Post by GameMasterGuy »

Mega Man 7. The oversized sprites everyone complains about make the game beautiful, the final boss is a nice challenge, and I don't care what you say, those sidequests were amazing additions that should have stuck with the series. The only one I missed on my first run was the Proto Shield, and that's only because I beat it in multiple sittings. I found his three hiding spots, but I turned the console off in between them.
Is that a 3DS XL in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me? ~ZeroAX
WrathOskvro
64-bit

Post by WrathOskvro »

^This. Mega Man 7 is one of my favorites in the classic series. Probably 2nd place to 2 actually.
Going through deleting inactive accounts of mine as a security precaution. No hard feelings, but admins, if it is possible to delete this account, please do so. Thanks in advance!
weaponepsilon
64-bit

Post by weaponepsilon »

sabrage wrote:If everyone thought JSRF was a terrible game, it wouldn't hold an 85 on Metacritic and run you $20.

I don't know...I just seen STACKS of them at places and almost everyone I talked to was not interested in the game. "Oh that thing that came with the XBOX? I traded mine in right away. It just looked like some crappy skating game...."

Plus the game actually won awards for "Most unfairly ignored".
Check out my Trade thread!
http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16059

52 platforms; 67 individual systems; 914 singular games (0 doubles!); 2 arcade cabs
sheath
24-bit

Post by sheath »

I would have to say that the biggest game I really do appreciate in every way that everyone else seems to hate is Golden Axe Beast Rider. I would also lump Sega Rally Revo, Spikeout Battlestreet and Sega GT (the original) into that group, but some of these got good reviews but poor sales.
Last edited by sheath on Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sabrage
Next-Gen

Post by sabrage »

weaponepsilon wrote:Plus the game actually won awards for "Most unfairly ignored".

"Ignored" is an entirely different thing than "hated."
GameMasterGuy
Next-Gen

Post by GameMasterGuy »

Since there's another 7 lover in here, I guess I can get a bit more risque. Mega Man Star Force 1. Yes, 2 and 3 suck just as much as people say they do, but SF1 actually tried to innovate, had a mildly difficult postgame (not up to BN standards, but it actually gave me a game over or two, unlike the rest of SF put together), and had some great boss designs. The story sucks, but hey, it's not as bad as BN4/5's ones. DURR HURR HURR EEEEVIL.
MrEco
Next-Gen

Post by MrEco »

More and more often recently it seems I'm one of the few people that really liked Final Fantasy XIII. :/
I feel old when talking to anyone my age yet too inexperienced to effectively talk to anyone older. Life is grand that way.

My twitter handle is @EckoExplores
GameMasterGuy
Next-Gen

Post by GameMasterGuy »

Same here. It's only linear for five more hours than 6 was, and is open ended for 70 more.
tlandon5

Post by tlandon5 »

Front Mission 4. Just bought it and can't put it down.