Game you LOVE that everyone else HATES

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Game you LOVE that everyone else HATES

Post by noiseredux »

Hobie-wan wrote:
Nutty wrote:Yu-Gi-Oh: Duelist of the Roses. I loved this game and still pop it in the PS2 from time to time. I would beg to differ with the overall 63% it received at Game Rankings...

63% is hardly 'hated', just average.

Stupid review inflation. :roll:

ughhh yeah. Scores kill me. 63% is totally not hated. Fucking metacritic bullshit.
KillerJuan77
Next-Gen

Post by KillerJuan77 »

noiseredux wrote:
Hobie-wan wrote:
Nutty wrote:Yu-Gi-Oh: Duelist of the Roses. I loved this game and still pop it in the PS2 from time to time. I would beg to differ with the overall 63% it received at Game Rankings...

63% is hardly 'hated', just average.

Stupid review inflation. :roll:

ughhh yeah. Scores kill me. 63% is totally not hated. Fucking metacritic bullshit.

Actually, anything less than 90 is considered crap by most gamers. It sucks but hey, that's the problem when an art form becomes popular (See movies, if Rotten Tomatoes is 100% credible then The Human Centipede would be decent, I should hate Lady In The Water and Caligula should be unwatchable).
elmagicochrisg
Next-Gen

Post by elmagicochrisg »

KillerJuan77 wrote:Actually, anything less than 90 is considered crap by most gamers. It sucks but hey, that's the problem when an art form becomes popular (See movies, if Rotten Tomatoes is 100% credible then The Human Centipede would be decent, I should hate Lady In The Water and Caligula should be unwatchable).

Yes, The Human Centipede is decent, you should hate Lady In The Water, and Ca... WHAAAT!?... Blasphemy!... Caligula is a classic!...

Random midgets going at it looking rather bored.

Tiberius: "More conviction !!!"

Sweaty midgets going at it much harder fearing for their lives... :lol:

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new, odorless and sealed)

All forum members are equal. But some are more equal than others. - George Orwell
KillerJuan77
Next-Gen

Post by KillerJuan77 »

elmagicochrisg wrote:
KillerJuan77 wrote:Actually, anything less than 90 is considered crap by most gamers. It sucks but hey, that's the problem when an art form becomes popular (See movies, if Rotten Tomatoes is 100% credible then The Human Centipede would be decent, I should hate Lady In The Water and Caligula should be unwatchable).

Yes, The Human Centipede is decent, you should hate Lady In The Water, and Ca... WHAAAT!?... Blasphemy!... Caligula is a classic!...

Random midgets going at it looking rather bored.

Tiberius: "More conviction !!!"

Sweaty midgets going at it much harder fearing for their lives... :lol:

The Human Centipede only worked due to the acting from Dieter Laser (Which is fantastic) but other than that it was a one-trick-pony. IMO.

And according to Rotten Tomatoes we shouldn't like Caligula: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/caligula/
I'd rather watch that than Alexander :lol: , besides, Caligula has a scene with Peter O'Toole yelling at some naked women on a pool "Swim fishy fishy!", that alone is priceless.

As for Lady In The Water, I like it a lot, it's a fairy tale by M. Night Shyamalan and that's it, although the soundtrack is astonishing.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Human Centipede is entertaining. As such, it succeeds in being a form of entertainment. I'm happy with it.
KillerJuan77
Next-Gen

Post by KillerJuan77 »

noiseredux wrote:Human Centipede is entertaining. As such, it succeeds in being a form of entertainment. I'm happy with it.

You've got a point I must admit I was entertained and on topic, did you read why the BBFC banned the 2nd. one?
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

KillerJuan77 wrote:
noiseredux wrote:Human Centipede is entertaining. As such, it succeeds in being a form of entertainment. I'm happy with it.

You've got a point I must admit I was entertained and on topic, did you read why the BBFC banned the 2nd. one?

They said it was the most depraved movie ever, or something similar.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
KillerJuan77
Next-Gen

Post by KillerJuan77 »

BoringSupreez wrote:They said it was the most depraved movie ever, or something similar.

Just reading the summary made me shiver :shock:
Inazuma
Next-Gen

Post by Inazuma »

I watched around half of the Human Centipede and it gave me nightmares. I regret watching it.
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

Well, I just read summaries for the Human Centipede movies, and all I have to say is "bleh"...

The second one in particular sounds insane.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.