Page 8 of 117

Re: Racketboy IRC Chan

Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:59 am
by jfe2
MrPopo wrote:I was busy socializing in real life.


Lies! :lol:

Re: Racketboy IRC Chan

Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:58 pm
by dsheinem
anyone looking to kill some time? I'm on!

Re: Racketboy IRC Chan

Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:35 pm
by weasels
im on does anyone want to talk. i missed DS by like a second lol

Re: Racketboy IRC Chan

Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:58 pm
by dsheinem
I'm there now!

Re: Racketboy IRC Chan

Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:51 pm
by Hobie-wan
I have DD-WRT on my router and I've set up port forwarding for 6667 to go to my PC, but I still can't seem to connect with the flash version or the Trillian Pro 3.1 IRC module (preferred).

The flash one stays on 'connecting'.

Trillian gives me this in the status window:

*** Creating connection "Racketboy"
*** Error while connecting (Error Code: 0). Disconnecting.
*** Reconnecting to IRC as "Hobie-wan".
*** Will attempt 10 connections with 60 second intervals

Any suggestions?

Re: Racketboy IRC Chan

Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:55 pm
by dsheinem
Hobie-wan wrote:I have DD-WRT on my router and I've set up port forwarding for 6667 to go to my PC, but I still can't seem to connect with the flash version or the Trillian Pro 3.1 IRC module (preferred).

The flash one stays on 'connecting'.

Trillian gives me this in the status window:

*** Creating connection "Racketboy"
*** Error while connecting (Error Code: 0). Disconnecting.
*** Reconnecting to IRC as "Hobie-wan".
*** Will attempt 10 connections with 60 second intervals

Any suggestions?


I can't really help - maybe you could try the browser version in another browser (e.g. IE instead of Firefox?)? Update your flash/java/etc?

There's a bunch of us there right now!

Re: Racketboy IRC Chan

Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:55 pm
by pepharytheworm
My sugesstion is why do all that hard stuff and just click the link at the top. Emereaz might know he was wanting to do something like that.

Re: Racketboy IRC Chan

Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:04 pm
by Hobie-wan
dsheinem wrote:I can't really help - maybe you could try the browser version in another browser (e.g. IE instead of Firefox?)? Update your flash/java/etc?

There's a bunch of us there right now!


I'm using an up to date Firefox and Flash. I know there was a Java update in the past few weeks and I did install it. Web flash version just stays on 'connecting'. I hate IE and still have a crusty 6.x on here that I only use for (manual) windows update. I was forced to install IE 8 on my work machine and I hate that bloated ugly POS. :P

pepharytheworm wrote:My sugesstion is why do all that hard stuff and just click the link at the top. Emereaz might know he was wanting to do something like that.


Clicking the link at the top asks me what program I want to use. I really don't want to install a separate IRC program. That's the whole reason I started using Trillian so I wouldn't have 4 different IM clients open. And I like it so I actually paid for it.

If the browser one was working I'd us it, but since it doesn't give me any feedback I can't really troubleshoot it. :(

Not that 'error code 0' in trillian is very helpful either.

Re: Racketboy IRC Chan

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:16 pm
by dsheinem
Anyone up for some IRC? I'm there off and on until the auction goes live!

Re: Racketboy IRC Chan

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:27 pm
by bacteria
I can't chat at the moment, doing a night shift at work; however, I find the best browser for the IRC chat is Opera. Firefox seems tempremental on things these days, including YouTube, etc.