Radio Shack is closing (most of their stores)

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Re: Radio Shack is closing (most of their stores)

Post by samsonlonghair »

PartridgeSenpai wrote:
bmoc wrote:That said, my brief stint at TRU in college was the worst job I ever had. Never been in one since 2002ish.

One of my friends who works at Gamestop also has a TRU job, and from what she's told me it still very much sucks to work there :(

Wow. It's worse than working at GameStop? That's rotten. Everyone I knew who worked at GameStop had negative things to say about it.
Markies
Next-Gen

Post by Markies »

samsonlonghair wrote:
PartridgeSenpai wrote:
bmoc wrote:That said, my brief stint at TRU in college was the worst job I ever had. Never been in one since 2002ish.

One of my friends who works at Gamestop also has a TRU job, and from what she's told me it still very much sucks to work there :(

Wow. It's worse than working at GameStop? That's rotten. Everyone I knew who worked at GameStop had negative things to say about it.

I was going to say. I worked at GameStop for a little while and it's the worst.

Granted, it is retail, but I've had better retail jobs then GameStop.
HiSpec
8-bit

Post by HiSpec »

I remember once paying for a game ticket at TRU and then they couldn't find the game and had to refund it. I can't remember what game but I do remember being very disappointed by it.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Now when I think about it, Majora's Mask was maybe the last game I bought at a TRU. :lol:

I echo everyone's same thoughts though. It was great growing up with it, but yeah the prices and whatnot were never ideal later on. It's kind of no wonder they're sinking.

I totally had dreams as a kid being able to take over a TRU store all to myself. :lol:
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

Xeogred wrote:I totally had dreams as a kid being able to take over a TRU store all to myself. :lol:

I think that was every kid's dream in the late '80s and early '90s. 8)
Remember that Toys R Us xmas catalog? That's what consumerist dreams were made of. :lol:
marurun

Post by marurun »

I remember the toys and electronics section of the Sears catalog. That was also pretty dreamy for a kid.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

That and the JC Penney ad too.

Amusing or maybe sad but as bad off as Sears/KMart has been it appears they may outlast the ripoff toy giant which is amazing.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Heck yeah, Sears catalogs were the best. I even remember them showing Black Tiger, which of course got cancelled. Man, it would be so cool if there was a prototype floating around.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

LGR - Retro Radio Shack Catalog Nostalgia 1979-1991

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rDlHKKcMFI