What are you listening to at the present? (genres helpful)

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
strangenova
Next-Gen

Re: What are you listening to at the present? (genres helpfu

Post by strangenova »

I listened to a couple tracks "Chlorine and Wine" and "Take My Bones Away". Yeah I don't see the connection you were getting. They do have a good sound and the prog is definitely a driving factor it seems. I'm gonna check out some more of their stuff. Perhaps some of the older tracks.
nullPointer
128-bit

Post by nullPointer »

strangenova wrote:I listened to a couple tracks "Chlorine and Wine" and "Take My Bones Away". Yeah I don't see the connection you were getting. They do have a good sound and the prog is definitely a driving factor it seems. I'm gonna check out some more of their stuff. Perhaps some of the older tracks.

Yeah if there's any connection at all it would probably be to their earlier tracks like Horse Called Golgotha, but even then it might be a stretch. Their later stuff is still quite good (IMO), but a lot of it is more staid and laid back, just depends on what you're after. HORSE the Band seems fairly unique (and awesome!), so I might have been overreaching in the first place in an attempt to make any solid comparison.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

I was big into emocore and screamo (think stuff on Ebullition Records, Level Plane, and so on) back in college (2003-ish) and remember listening to Horse the Band way back then. Haven't heard that name uttered in years.
strangenova
Next-Gen

Post by strangenova »

They still hold up man, as long as you can still jive with that style.

@nullPointer
it's all good man, the connection might be a stretch but you still showed me some new stuff to listen to.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

I also recently scored a bundle of VHS Glitch albums, over at Groupees, who's giving 20% of sales to Make a Wish International.

I only paid $2 and got a FUCKTON of albums and EPs from synthwave band VHS Glitch. And because I preordered, I got access to all the stuff available to people who paid at least $4.

Currently, 4 of the 5 bonuses are unlocked, with the final one being 77% of the way to being unlocked.

If you like synthwave, check it out. But hurry, because there's only 7 days and 21 hours left (as I type this).
nullPointer
128-bit

Post by nullPointer »

I mentioned over in the What Are You Playing thread that I started up Phoenix Wright: Justice For All, and now I can't get this out of my head!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fKAsvJrFes

I guess one could do a lot worse in terms of ear worms. :mrgreen:
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Getting into Todd Rundgren a bit (for the first time). Digging what I have checked out so far! I picked these up on vinyl this weekend:

Also been digging into Oneohtrix Point Never, another new(ish) discovery for me. I picked up these two LPs a month or so ago:

I am trying to see more live shows this year for the first time in a long time. So far I have concerts set up for February (Jason Isbell), March (Godspeed You! Black Emperor), and April (Drive By Truckers)...hoping to average out one a month this year!
funk_Farmer
8-bit

Post by funk_Farmer »

Hey that Todd Rundgren is some good stuff. I recently discovered the Amboy Dukes. They're a pretty psychedelic band with Ted Nugent on guitar in his younger days. Kinda funny to see Nugent involved in such a trippy affair considering his current right wing attitude. Good stuff though. Journey to the Center of the Mind is a good jam of theirs. Another old psych group is the Small Faces featuring a young Rod Stewart. Itchycoo Park yo, it's all too beautiful.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

In regular rotation lately:

ESauced
64-bit

Post by ESauced »

Been listening to a lot of the Killers because aside from Raffi it’s the only thing my ten-month-old son will fall asleep to.

Also have been listening to Raffi basically nonstop since he was born...