What are you listening to at the present? (genres helpful)

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Ack

Re: What are you listening to at the present? (genres helpfu

Post by Ack »

I recently started listening to a new Sludge band out of the UK, called Froglord.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwvJeWIaQkk

I really enjoy the strange and psychedelic approach to Metal that they take. Is it ridiculous? Yes. Is it still something that makes me feel like I'm swimming through interstellar bog water? Hell yes.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Some Crazy Lixx before work, which like Dokken, Linkin Park and songs relating to Everybody's Talking About Jamie, as well as similar songs, are getting recommended by YouTube hand over fist.
Gucci
64-bit

Post by Gucci »

Doom Eternal OST. Makes mundane tasks such as folding laundry or washing the dishes seem more eventful. I’m also angry for some reason but I don’t know why…
I own too many hoodies jackets hoodies and DS games and I’m not ashamed!
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Video game music is apparently supposed to be good for doing repetitive tasks like chores and work.

REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Rekindled my fondness for "Save Yourself" by Stabbing Westward, which I first heard in a fake trailer for Edward Lee's "Infernal Angel", after playing some random 90s alt-rock playlists to set the mood while reading "Monster" by Christopher Pike.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

marurun wrote:
SamuraiMegas wrote:I don't know if there's any disco lovers in here but I have plenty of good tracks I can share that you almost certainly haven't heard.

I consider Maroon 5 to be, effectively, disco. Am I completely wrong?

It's dance pop, but I wouldn't consider any of it disco. Disco is hit or miss. Hate Abba and the likes, but I have a soft spot for the BeeGees, and my wife loves them. Personally I prefer it to have some funkiness and soul to my disco.

Repo, if you like Crazy Lixx, have you ever listened to Steel Panther?
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

I'm aware that there's a band called Steel Panther, but that's more or less it.

I've also been listening to various YouTube mini-docs, mostly stuff from Tuv, Patrick CC, Wavywebsurf, Internet Anarchist and so on. Usually I'll queue up a bunch of them and listen to them while at my morning job.
Markies
Next-Gen

Post by Markies »

The Refreshments - Fizzy Fuzzy Big & Buzzy

The Gin Blossoms are one of my favorite bands of all time and The Refreshments come from that same area of Tempe Arizona. However, The Refreshments have a little bit of a harder edge to them and their songs have a sense of a wink and a nudge to them while the Gin Blossoms are mostly more straight forward. I have been listening to The Refreshments debut album and it has been fantastic. I LOOOOOVE 80s and 90s Alternative Rock, basically from REM to right before Nirvana and this has been a great trip down memory lane that I have never visited before. Highly recommend them if you enjoy that type of music.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

Cat FM Radio - all song covers made using a free 2009 VST instrument MEOWSynth. I saw a comment where someone called it Catcore.
People have already made a bunch of bumpers to put between tracks in the upcoming second volume.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Found this excellent cover of Dead Man's Party ages ago.

Also while at my morning job I mostly stuck with videos from Secret Galaxy and Deep Dive, the latter doing pop culture deep dives as their name suggests. Also the odd Turkey Tom, Tuv, Wavywebsurf, Patrick CC and Aubrey J vids.