Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
racketboy
Site Admin

by racketboy Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:16 am

ravenmgs wrote:I agree with most of your stuff, I think you did a really great job mentioning just about every game that could be considered. I think Mega Man 6 should be some where on the NES and Donkey Kong Country should be number two on the nes under starfox.

The only area I REALLY disagrees with is the NeoGeo. Mark of the Wolves is a great looking game but newer neo fighters are better. Metal Slug 3 was a great game, but it was a great game do to level design, not graphic fire power. The most graphically demanding games on the Neo have to be Sengoku 3, Last Blade 2 and SVC Chaos. SVC Chaos is a over all horrible game, but it defiantly pushed the system to the edge. Last Blade 2 and Sengoku were both hitting CPS3 levels of frames of animation and level detail.

Final Fantasy 7 was a great game, I love it, has to be one of my top 3 favorite games ever. Others being KOTR and Resident Evil. But it definatlly did not push the system in any way.

Well, you educated me a bit there.
I will be taking yours and other comments and revising the original post.
I'm learning lots of great stuff here! :)
retrogamer

by retrogamer Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:35 pm

These games truly pushed the limits for these two consoles:
NES: CASTLEVANIA 3 & SUPER MARIO 3
SNES: CASTLEVANIA 4 & YOSHI'S ISLAND
Conn
24-bit

by Conn Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:04 am

Will you be nicluding handhelds eventually? If so, Shantae (GBC) needs to be on that list.
racketboy
Site Admin

by racketboy Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:50 am

Handhelds will be in part 4 :)
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever