24-bit

by turkey Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:32 am

Pure Geek
30 % Nerd, 52% Geek, 43% Dork

43% dork..... damit the truth is out
lordofduct
Next-Gen

by lordofduct Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:52 pm

I did it again as it had been a very long time since I did this test... I scored even higher in the nerd area this time... damn it, I'm certified nerd.

I also scored a little higher in dork. That is obvious.

Pure Nerd
86 % Nerd, 26% Geek, 26% Dork
For The Record:

A Nerd is someone who is passionate about learning/being smart/academia.
A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one.
A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions.
You scored better than half in Nerd, earning you the title of: Pure Nerd.

The times, they are a-changing. It used to be that being exceptionally smart led to being unpopular, which would ultimately lead to picking up all of the traits and tendences associated with the "dork." No-longer. Being smart isn't as socially crippling as it once was, and even more so as you get older: eventually being a Pure Nerd will likely be replaced with the following label: Purely Successful.

Congratulations!

My test tracked 3 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:

You scored higher than 99% on nerdiness

You scored higher than 99% on geekosity

You scored higher than 99% on dork points
www.lordofduct.com - check out my blog

Space Puppy Studios - games for gamers by gamers
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Re: Nerd, Geek, or Dork? What Are You

by Gamerforlife Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:45 am

And old thread, but I took the test for fun. Well that, and I'm bored at the moment. What I like is that whoever made this test seems to actually know what those words really mean. Nerd and geek in particular get used interchangeably by a lot of people

My results:

Pure Geek
43 % Nerd, 52% Geek, 30% Dork
For The Record:

A Nerd is someone who is passionate about learning/being smart/academia.
A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one.
A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions.
You scored better than half in Geek, earning you the title of: Pure Geek.

It's not that you're a school junkie, like the nerd, and you don't really stand out in a crowd, like the dork, you just have some interests that aren't quite mainstream. Perhaps it's anime, perhaps it's computers, perhaps it's bottlecaps, perhaps it's all of those and more. Your interests take you to events and gatherings that are filled with people you find unusual and beyond-the-pale, but you don't quite consider yourself "of that crowd." Instead, you consider yourself to be fairly normal.

Which, you are.

Congratulations! You're the one on the RIGHT!

Also, you might want to check out some of my other tests if you're interested in any of the following:

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Professional Wrestling

It's a pretty accurate description of me. I love that the first two other tests recommended to me are two things that I absolutely love too
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:49 am

Pure Geek

48 % Nerd, 65% Geek, 17% Dork
EllertMichael
Next-Gen

by EllertMichael Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:49 am

Modern, Cool Nerd

61 % Nerd, 65% Geek, 13% Dork
Nerds didn't use to be cool, but in the 90's that all changed. It used to be that, if you were a computer expert, you had to wear plaid or a pocket protector or suspenders or something that announced to the world that you couldn't quite fit in. Not anymore. Now, the intelligent and geeky have eked out for themselves a modicum of respect at the very least, and "geek is chic." The Modern, Cool Nerd is intelligent, knowledgable and always the person to call in a crisis (needing computer advice/an arcane bit of trivia knowledge). They are the one you want as your lifeline in Who Wants to Be a Millionaire (or the one up there, winning the million bucks)!

Congratulations!

Sure. 8)
J T
Next-Gen

by J T Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:26 am

Modern, Cool Nerd

96 % Nerd, 70% Geek, 35% Dork
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:39 am

Tri-Lamb Material
70 % Nerd, 48% Geek, 61% Dork
elmagicochrisg
Next-Gen

by elmagicochrisg Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:29 am

Joe Normal

35 % Nerd, 43% Geek, 48% Dork

You scored less than half in all three, earning you the title of: Joe Normal.

This is not to say that you don't have some Nerd, Geek or Dork inside of you--we all do, and you can see the percentages you have right above. This is just to say that none of those qualities stand out so much as to define you. Sure, you enjoy an episode of Star Trek now and again, and yeah, you kinda enjoyed a few classes back in the day. And, once in a while, you stumble while walking down the street even though there was nothing there to cause you to trip. But, for the most part, you look and act fairly typically, and aren't much of an outcast.

I'd say there's a fair chance someone asked you to take this test. In any event, fairly normal.

I'm a borderline dork from the looks of it...

You don't say... :lol:

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new, odorless and sealed)

All forum members are equal. But some are more equal than others. - George Orwell
Opa Opa

by Opa Opa Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:54 am

Joe Normal
35 % Nerd, 35% Geek, 39% Dork

I guess I'm normal.
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

by BoringSupreez Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:04 am

Pure Nerd

57 % Nerd, 48% Geek, 48% Dork

The times, they are a-changing. It used to be that being exceptionally smart led to being unpopular, which would ultimately lead to picking up all of the traits and tendences associated with the "dork." No-longer. Being smart isn't as socially crippling as it once was, and even more so as you get older: eventually being a Pure Nerd will likely be replaced with the following label: Purely Successful.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever