What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

marurun wrote:Your immune system is on the warpath. Thank goodness the COVID vaccine isn't an attenuated virus vaccine. You might feel like crap, but it cannot actually give you COVID.

This. I am very thankful you got the vaccine, SamuraiMegas. If the vaccine hit you that hard, I hate to think what would have happened if you’d gotten a sizable load of the actual virus.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

Had to get a friend drive me back home from campus, since I still couldn't make the walk. Was actually able to eat a little at least! Having to skip the free Yves Tumor concert on campus tonight though because i 100% can't stand through something like that. Apparently my reaction might last for an entire week....

I also only waited so long to get the shot bc I was barely leaving the apartment for months, figured it was best to get it right when school started back in full swing. If I get COVID now I'm gonna be pissed :lol:
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
chupon
Next-Gen

Post by chupon »

Paying rent to have a place to live > thoughtfulness and family enjoyment of video games.

If you don’t take care of yourself how can you take care of other people.

If those don’t do it maybe this will -

Don’t be a fucking moron. Do you ever want to stop working at a doughnut shop or grocery store? How about moving to NYC? Want to make your life better? Figure out how to have some financial responsibility.

I say this with the best of intentions. I want you to better yourself. I want you here contributing to Racketboy. I want you to pass video games onto your family. I want you to live a better life - whatever that is. But I want you to be able to make the changes yourself first and foremost.

Find the right gift. Find another way to be generous with your family that will still be meaningful and impactful. Just do so without being self destructive.
Buy / Sell / Trade List: viewtopic.php?t=17958
Last updated: 11-10-16

PS3 ID: dakkenblackblade 360 ID: dakkenblackblad
opa
128-bit

Post by opa »

marurun wrote:I had a COVID Test over the weekend because my allergies hit so hard and fast I was actually fatigued by my own immune system's errant response and was concerned. I had a PCR test so I have reasonable certainty it was not at all COVID. But man, lately my allergies have been hitting like a truck at the beginning of the season. I don't get it at all.

Same for me. My allergies have been so horrible I got tested. Also negative, thankfully.

Still feel like a truck hit me though.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

I sometimes wonder what I would do in regards to treatment if/when I contract covid. I already take vitamin D and zinc supplements and have prescriptions for ivermectin and doxycycline. Thankfully I'm unemployed so I'd be able to rest up easily.
opa
128-bit

Post by opa »

I hear a rousing rendition of "Old Dan Tucker" is enough to scare the covid away. Tighten those banjo strings!
marurun

Post by marurun »

If you’re properly vaccinated the probability of lasting or fatal harm is quite low right now. Ivermectin is great if you have parasites. Won’t do jack shit for COVID. Doxycycline will do you a world of good for any number of bacterial infections. Sadly, COVID is a virus. If you’ve resisted vaccination the most accurate name for the strategy you’ve laid out thus far is “play the numbers.” Thankfully, since you’re fit and not over 50, those numbers aren’t too awful, but I would be pleased to learn you’d been vaccinated. I wouldn’t want to hear my favorite box-art stand-in and Atari stan had fought the bear and lost.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
opa
128-bit

Post by opa »

Welp, felt worse. Tested again. Positive.

I guess the other day was the prelude to the real sickness.
Gucci
64-bit

Post by Gucci »

Sorry to hear opa. Would you be considered a breakthrough case?
I own too many hoodies jackets hoodies and DS games and I’m not ashamed!
opa
128-bit

Post by opa »

I've been vaccinated but I work in a school so I would call it "inevitable".