What was the last movie you've seen?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Ack

Re: What was the last movie you've seen?

Post by Ack »

That sounds like a great seventh birthday. Nice job, man.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Ack wrote:That sounds like a great seventh birthday. Nice job, man.

It is! We’re trying to work our way through the last few levels of Double Dragon Neon right now. Good times.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Finally saw Justice League via my library and really glad I didn't pay to see it. Worst movie in the DC Extended Universe by a long shot. Wow.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Having the lousy HDD that was warrantied with the laptop kill itself again for a 3rd time I had to order a new drive, and I've moved onto SSDs now (Crucial.) While failing to clone the drive I ran of all things I found at a thrift for a couple bucks on blu-ray -- Howard the Duck. So bad it's good, still after not seeing it probably for 15-20 years.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Finally saw IT. Really great, but it is SO LONG!
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:The late ‘90s translation and soundtrack, however, is just painful...)

Cant take that Vitamin C, Aaron Carter, and M2M?

I spent most of Saturday working but Saturday night had a showing of:
Dofus: book one Julith.

Now I am not one to normally go after movies based off of MMOs. But the track record is so low it was worth a shot. It has many excellent moments and easily the best fight between a lady with a magic cape and a bipedal cat with nunchaku you will ever see. Jokes aside the story is coming of age set against the backdrop of clean up ten years after a war where a god was killed. It tells the story of Joris, often called Jojo, a young flea looking creature who lives with an oldman Cat named Kerub Crepin in a living house Luis. His best friend is a dog girl named Lilotte who also is an orphan and lives with Kerub Crepin, she is a bit of a tomboy and prefers to live outside. Joris biggest dream is to meet the worlds star footballer equivalent Khan Karkass, but fate intervenes in the form of Julith the villain of the story.

Without getting into the backstory or giving away any spoilers the story is solid and the action tense. There are some "lude" moments by American standards, but anyone who is old enough to read subtitles should be old enough for them. Fans have subtitled the film, there are no plans for a dub. As of last night I cannot find any information on a sequel but it did well in sales so I definitely see it happening. Worth your time if you like Action/Adventure in a Fantasy world, but everyone should watch the fight between Julith and Kerub Crepin:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59LsxXyBsb4
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

noiseredux wrote:Finally saw Justice League via my library and really glad I didn't pay to see it. Worst movie in the DC Extended Universe by a long shot. Wow.

Oh yeah, that one was terribad! It was also a box office bomb, at least by today's standards. On a budget over $300 million, Justice League only earned $228 million domestically and $656 million worldwide. I think Warner Brothers Studio is just concentrating on stand-alone DC superhero flicks for a while because they clearly were not prepared for this crossover stuff. They jumped the gun trying to chase after avengers money, and they know it.

Finances aside, Justice League was just plain ugly to look at. The color pallet was drab and dreary. I don't know who did the special effects work, but it looks terrible. I thought Warner Brothers learned their lesson about CGI super suits after Green Lantern bombed. NOPE! They pulled the same nonsense again with Cyborg in Justice League. Surprise, it looks terrible again.

Warner Brothers is still trying to Salvage the best parts of their DC Universe with a Wonder Woman sequel and an Aquaman standalone movie. That Shazam trailer looks entertaining too. Here's hoping they learn from their mistakes.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

fastbilly1 wrote:
prfsnl_gmr wrote:The late ‘90s translation and soundtrack, however, is just painful...)

Cant take that Vitamin C, Aaron Carter, and M2M?

I spent most of Saturday working but Saturday night had a showing of:
Dofus: book one Julith.

Now I am not one to normally go after movies based off of MMOs. But the track record is so low it was worth a shot. It has many excellent moments and easily the best fight between a lady with a magic cape and a bipedal cat with nunchaku you will ever see. Jokes aside the story is coming of age set against the backdrop of clean up ten years after a war where a god was killed. It tells the story of Joris, often called Jojo, a young flea looking creature who lives with an oldman Cat named Kerub Crepin in a living house Luis. His best friend is a dog girl named Lilotte who also is an orphan and lives with Kerub Crepin, she is a bit of a tomboy and prefers to live outside. Joris biggest dream is to meet the worlds star footballer equivalent Khan Karkass, but fate intervenes in the form of Julith the villain of the story.

Without getting into the backstory or giving away any spoilers the story is solid and the action tense. There are some "lude" moments by American standards, but anyone who is old enough to read subtitles should be old enough for them. Fans have subtitled the film, there are no plans for a dub. As of last night I cannot find any information on a sequel but it did well in sales so I definitely see it happening. Worth your time if you like Action/Adventure in a Fantasy world, but everyone should watch the fight between Julith and Kerub Crepin:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59LsxXyBsb4

Interesting. My daughter loves Wakfu, which, based on my limited research, I think is by from the same people and is in the same loosely connected universe. Perhaps that’s a sequel of sorts?
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Wakfu is the younger of the two properties and is technically based on Dofus (1000+ years later), but the actual games and stories are skewed younger. My understanding is that Wakfu was introduced for preteen gamers.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

fastbilly1 wrote:Wakfu is the younger of the two properties and is technically based on Dofus (1000+ years later), but the actual games and stories are skewed younger. My understanding is that Wakfu was introduced for preteen gamers.

That makes sense. My daughter is nine, and she thinks it’s amazing. Not sure how she discovered it on Netflix.

There is apparently an OK game based on it on XBLA, and I may pick it up to play with her sometime.