Ys I and II Eternal (PC 2001 Remake)

Level up here
Jakanden
16-bit

Ys I and II Eternal (PC 2001 Remake)

Post by Jakanden »

Has anyone else played this? I played the old Turbo Grafx versions awhile ago, but the PC remake is far better. I never played the Saturn version, but I have read about it.

I finally got around to playing it today and played through all of Ys 1 in one session before I had to go to work heh.
alexkidd
24-bit

english?

Post by alexkidd »

isn't the PC version Japanese only? was it not a problem or do you speek japanese? I'd love to try it out too, the artwork looks gorgeous, I'm on a mac anyway though, eh...
Jakanden
16-bit

Re: english?

Post by Jakanden »

walrus12 wrote:isn't the PC version Japanese only? was it not a problem or do you speek japanese? I'd love to try it out too, the artwork looks gorgeous, I'm on a mac anyway though, eh...

It was fan translated into English by NightWolve and Deuce. The homepage is http://rigg.servegame.com/translations/yscomplete/ but it has been down for about a week and no one seems to know what happened.
Mega-Dan
24-bit

I have the english translation

Post by Mega-Dan »

I have the english translation, never played it though, is a very large game and I am not really a PC gamer. But it looks very nice. I am sure if you look around enough you can find a torrent for it.
Jakanden
16-bit

Post by Jakanden »

It isnt that large. I Beat Ys I in 5 hours and after 4 hours in Ys II I am already about 1/3 of the way through.
Mega-Dan
24-bit

Large HD space wise

Post by Mega-Dan »

Its well over a gig uncompresed HD space, and I dont have a very good joystick right now. Plus the fact that my comptuer doesnt seem to recognize DVD's is also a problem.....
Jakanden
16-bit

Post by Jakanden »

I use an Xbox 360 USB controller. While I do not have an Xbox 360, I bought a USB 360 controller for use with all my eumlation and it rocks =)

Oh and a Gig means nothing with PC games. I have played games that were 5 GB that I beat in 6-8 hours as well as games that were under a GB that took me 20 hours to beat. So you can no longer really judge the length of a game based on the size =)
W0FSPYD3R

Re: Ys I and II Eternal (PC 2001 Remake)

Post by W0FSPYD3R »

Jakanden wrote:Has anyone else played this? I played the old Turbo Grafx versions awhile ago, but the PC remake is far better. I never played the Saturn version, but I have read about it.

I finally got around to playing it today and played through all of Ys 1 in one session before I had to go to work heh.

No I haven't. But I have played all the others and they where very challeging to each drop. Like you, I can have YsIII beat in a number of hours. As for remake on computer, I grabbed Ys - The Oath in Felghana. It kicked ass! They did a good job with this. the only thing was it was to short. It needed more map to explore. But the story was like the comic/ animate. I heard they were making Ys-Origins and of course the remake of I,II on computer. Let me know is it worth buying.
Intangir
16-bit

Post by Intangir »

I played through one of them earlier this year for the PC--the one with the boss battle where the floor beneath you gets destroyed as the fight progresses? It was alright I suppose; my attention was waning after a while but before I knew it it was over. Never got around to the second game.

Before that (and what got me intrigued with the series to begin with) I had played through the fan-translated Oath in Felghana (PC) which was quite fun and I'd recommend it if you like Japanese action/RPGs. I actually tried loaning a PS2 from a friend to play Ark of Napishtim but I guess I couldn't stomach the resolution or something after having just beaten Felghana. Right now I'm in the same boat as W0FSPYD3R in waiting for a (fan-)translated version of Origins for the PC.