What RPG are you playing right now?

Level up here
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: What RPG are you playing right now?

Post by noiseredux »

4 hours into Monster Hunter World and loving it.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Xenoblade Chronicles
Finally finished the Agniratha area, and currently at Colony 6, about to enter Bionis' Interior. I looked at a walkthrough and it appears I don't have a whole lot left to do, outside kill a lot bosses. I'm at 62 hours in now. After the events of Agniratha, I have to say XCs plot went straight to WTF land and I don't think it's coming back. Someone should tell Tetsuya Takahashi that there is such a thing as too many "plot twists". But at least I'm finished with all the Mechonis stuff, things are improving now that I'm back on Bionis again.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Well, for my money the Bionis' Interior was terrible and my least favorite level. Visually uninteresting, worst music track, just total fluff extending the game out further.
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

I hope you rebuild Colony 6. While the collecting is tedious as hell, in the end, it's worth it.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

^I killed this thing last night... and then two more big things. There was a creature* in a lake that gave me some pretty heavy Shadow Of The Colossus vibes. But man, I just adore this game. It's so easy to say "alright, I'm gonna do a quest" and then realize that I've done several and hours have slipped by.

*I'm bad at remembering like "regular" names of characters in most games, so yeah... trying to remember the weird monster names in this game is pretty much out of the question. So I'll have to refer to them via descriptors. Last night I killed the blue one that looked like a lizard x flying squirrel; the one in the lake; and then the purple t-rex.
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

Segata wrote:I hope you rebuild Colony 6. While the collecting is tedious as hell, in the end, it's worth it.

Ugggh...those Ice Cabbages tho. They are so hard to find that a NPC in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 laments about how hard they are to get.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Segata wrote:I hope you rebuild Colony 6. While the collecting is tedious as hell, in the end, it's worth it.

It makes one wonder why developers bury worthwhile stuff behind tedious gameplay. Shouldn't you want your players to be having a blast the whole time they're experiencing your game?
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

XB2 is so much better than the previous games on that stuff and I agree. That whole random item thing is so damn annoying. Look at it this way, at least it's not Dragon Age Inquisition. in DAI you have to click in the thumbstick for a circle to appear that extends about a foot beyond your body to detect those collectibles. It's the worst!
Kuruwin
64-bit

Post by Kuruwin »

Ni No Kuni 2

First couple of hours were really disappointing but after i reached the furry town the game started to pick up and i've been enjoying it since. It's not a sequel that the first game deserved but it's alright and eventhough the kingdom building is done a shallow way (every kingdom looks exactly the same) it's still fun side thing to do.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

I have not done that. While Colony 6 is likely great, I have no patience for mindless fetch quests, which I see as artificial longevity busy work.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.