Level up here
User avatar
Xeogred
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 14385
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:49 pm
Location: KC

Re: What RPG are you playing right now?

by Xeogred Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:15 pm

You play a lot of JRPG's back to back Bone? lol
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 7668
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:59 pm

Re: What RPG are you playing right now?

by o.pwuaioc Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:28 pm

Anybody play/like Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean?
User avatar
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 19154
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 1:08 pm
Location: Maine

Re: What RPG are you playing right now?

by BoneSnapDeez Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:06 am

Xeogred wrote:You play a lot of JRPG's back to back Bone? lol


According to my rfgeneration profile, 50% of my collection is RPG. I went a couple of years playing almost nothing but JRPGs. So yeah, I like 'em! :lol:

I think I took a one day break between Star Ocean and Dragon Quest.
User avatar
pepharytheworm
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 2858
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:14 pm
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: What RPG are you playing right now?

by pepharytheworm Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:20 am

o.pwuaioc wrote:Anybody play/like Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean?


I like them and I don't like card battle games so thats saying something.
Where's my chippy? There's my chippy.
User avatar
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 6499
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:51 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Re: What RPG are you playing right now?

by Jmustang1968 Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:51 am

Xeogred wrote:You play a lot of JRPG's back to back Bone? lol


I always have some RPG going at any time heh
User avatar
pankakes123
64-bit
 
Posts: 381
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:55 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: What RPG are you playing right now?

by pankakes123 Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:51 am

Pokemon White, ever since it came out really. 240 hours on it currently, and I don't plan on stopping anytime soon! XD
User avatar
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 9207
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:56 pm
Location: Denver CO, USA

Re: What RPG are you playing right now?

by RyaNtheSlayA Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:52 am

I'm playing Kingdoms of Amalur. It's a pretty fantastic aRPG in my opinion. At first the combat is a little simplistic but about 3 hours in it's getting a bit deeper and I'm really enjoying it.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
User avatar
Zevin_Mars
8-bit
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:02 pm
Location: Paintsville, Kentucky

Re: What RPG are you playing right now?

by Zevin_Mars Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:57 am

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn. Not bad, just not as engaging as The Lost Age.

Probably going to play Chrono Trigger next. Then maybe EarthBound now that I own a copy :mrgreen: ...
User avatar
ZenErik
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 4187
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:15 am
Location: Boston

Re: What RPG are you playing right now?

by ZenErik Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:05 pm

Eternal Sonata has one of the easiest final bosses of all time. Sure I killed the final boss in FFIX in about 2 or 3 turns because I had thievery maxed and some other great attacks, but I didn't prepare at all for the final boss in Eternal Sonata.

My main party before the final boss was Jazz, Viola, and Chopin. So Falsetto got subbed in for the boss fight and died in a turn or two because I never used her. I didn't have any potions to heal or revive anyone because I forgot to set everything up after the previous (and much more difficulty but still pretty easy) fight.

Anyway, Jazz and Viola took him out in about 5 turns. With Viola doing 30k - 60k per hit how could I possibly lose anyway. :P Battle system is more broken than a G.rev port.
My B/S/T thread! :)
Switch ID: ??? ||| PSN ID: ZenErik (PS4) ||| Steam: Erikdayo
User avatar
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 19154
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 1:08 pm
Location: Maine

Re: What RPG are you playing right now?

by BoneSnapDeez Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:48 pm

ZenErik wrote:Eternal Sonata has one of the easiest final bosses of all time. Sure I killed the final boss in FFIX in about 2 or 3 turns because I had thievery maxed and some other great attacks, but I didn't prepare at all for the final boss in Eternal Sonata.

My main party before the final boss was Jazz, Viola, and Chopin. So Falsetto got subbed in for the boss fight and died in a turn or two because I never used her. I didn't have any potions to heal or revive anyone because I forgot to set everything up after the previous (and much more difficulty but still pretty easy) fight.

Anyway, Jazz and Viola took him out in about 5 turns. With Viola doing 30k - 60k per hit how could I possibly lose anyway. :P Battle system is more broken than a G.rev port.


Ever play Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World? The end part of that game is extremely similar to that of Eternal Sonata: difficult second-to-last boss battle followed by a very easy final boss.

And both games have similar plots too, where you essentially must defeat "yourself" to conclude the story.


Did you enjoy Eternal Sonata overall?
Return to RPG

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests