Level up here
Zing
Next-Gen

Re: What RPG are you playing right now?

by Zing Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:03 pm

I always felt side-quests were rather odd in RPGs.

"Hey, I know I am supposed to be rescuing a certain person, or saving the world or whatever, but sure I have time to deliver a letter or clean your basement of rats!"
Selling half my NES/SNES/PS1 collection (ending Dec 1):
http://tinyurl.com/zingebay
alienjesus
Next-Gen

by alienjesus Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:04 pm

Zing wrote:I always felt side-quests were rather odd in RPGs.

"Hey, I know I am supposed to be rescuing a certain person, or saving the world or whatever, but sure I have time to deliver a letter or clean your basement of rats!"

To be fair, at the point in the game I'm at, i'm not even THINKING about saving the world yet. I am however, already trying to complete around 25 side quests 0_0.

I'm only 2 hours and a half in, and about 30 mins of that was the main story :lol:
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:24 pm

haha yup.

I feel the same way about grinding. Like, I'm playing Dragon Quest V right now and the prince just got kidnapped. It's pretty urgent that he's saved immediately!...... but first I have to walk in circles for an hour killing slimes before I'm strong enough. :lol:
Dylan
Next-Gen

by Dylan Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:29 pm

BoneSnapDeez wrote:

haha yup.

I feel the same way about grinding. Like, I'm playing Dragon Quest V right now and the prince just got kidnapped. It's pretty urgent that he's saved immediately!...... but first I have to walk in circles for an hour killing slimes before I'm strong enough. :lol:

And of course the classic example of shopkeepers still charging you money despite imminent doom.
Protagonist: "The dark lord of chaos void darkworld mystic sealed power is coming, we need potions!"
Shopkeeper: "30 gold each and I'm not budging. Damn kids and their music."
Retrogamer0001
Next-Gen

by Retrogamer0001 Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:16 pm

Anyone else realize that this thread was started almost 4 YEARS ago?

...by the way, I'm playing Star Ocean: The Last Hope on 360...

The game room - > http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=45478

"We're on an express elevator to hell - goin' down!"
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

by BoringSupreez Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:51 pm

Retrogamer0001 wrote:Anyone else realize that this thread was started almost 4 YEARS ago?

When I read this, I clicked to go to page 1, expecting to see the first post dated sometime in 2006. Dangit, where did time go?!

Anyway, it's not uncommon at all for old threads to stay alive here. We're one of those forums that doesn't automatically lock threads after long periods of inactivity. I like it this way.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

by ninjainspandex Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:44 pm

well im sure people will be playing rpgs till the end of time so im sure this thread will be forever relevant :D
Nemoide
Next-Gen

by Nemoide Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:34 pm

I just started Final Fantasy IX the other day. Some years back I decided to play through all the main, numbered Final Fantasy games in order (up through XII at least).
FF VIII was so bad it caused me to take a long break, but I'm back at it! It's a lot of fun so far; a huge improvement over VIII and thus far it seems more enjoyable than VII.
ZenErik
Next-Gen

by ZenErik Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:35 pm

Still working on Eternal Sonata. On chapter 5 right now.. Still got a ways to go. Sometimes the dungeons in this game feel like an eternity.
My B/S/T thread! :)
Switch ID: ??? ||| PSN ID: ZenErik (PS4) ||| Steam: Erikdayo
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:15 pm

ZenErik wrote:Still working on Eternal Sonata. On chapter 5 right now.. Still got a ways to go. Sometimes the dungeons in this game feel like an eternity.

Game gets better as you go. One of the worst dungeons was at the beginning of the game. Can't remember what it was called, but I think it had like a brown/tan color palette. What a pain in the ass.

I'm playing Dragon Quest V on the DS. It's okay, but I don't like it as much as IV and the grinding is starting to get to me. I'd like to finish it before March, but that's looking unlikely at this point...
Return to RPG