Level up here
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Re: What RPG are you playing right now?

by BoneSnapDeez Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:56 am

Still playing Star Ocean 2. Thought I was gonna finish it last night... got murdered by the final boss. About 10 times. Tried every tactic imaginable, nothing worked as he has spells that can kill me in one hit. I think I'm underleveled, I started running away from battles in the final dungeon because I was running out of items. Probably a mistake. Time to grind a bit, I guess. :x I WILL finish this over the weekend!
nyarlathotep88

by nyarlathotep88 Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:32 am

Been playing Skyrim. Not very far into it. Been super busy though modding the crap out of it that I haven't really put in that much game time into it :D
sh9nryu

by sh9nryu Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:05 pm

Perhaps like a lot of RPG fans, I never play just the one game to completion then start another :D

Current roster of RPGs I'm playing through are:

FFXII
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together
Xenogears
Shining Force 3 2nd Scenario (page by page of the translation script - takes a while!)
FF6
Chrono Trigger
Grandia

Unfortunately life gets in the way of playing these as much as I would like :(
PSN ID: sh9nryu

"Didn't your mother tell you knives are very dangerous!!!"
Ziggy587

by Ziggy587 Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:16 pm

sh9nryu wrote:Shining Force 3 2nd Scenario (page by page of the translation script - takes a while!)

You mean you're reading a translation script while playing the game? Do you know that a team of wonderful people are working on translation patches for Shining Force Scenario 1, 2, 3 and even the Premium Disc?

http://sf3trans.shiningforcecentral.com/progress/

Not finished yet, but the progress is pretty far. I was playing through Scenario 1 when I found out about the translation project, and I actually stopped playing to wait for the project's completion.
I'm parting with some duplicate Blu-Ray and DVD movies. Check out this thread if interested.
MrNash
32-bit

by MrNash Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:45 pm

Finally getting around to playing Final Fantasy XIII. Missed the boat when it came out as I was still in full-on WoW mode. I'm a few hours in, and it's okay-ish. I don't like it nearly as much as XII, but I can't see a reason to dislike it as much as I've seen others pour hate on the game thus far.
TheSSNintendo
128-bit

by TheSSNintendo Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:32 pm

Phantasy Star II on the Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection for the 360.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

by o.pwuaioc Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:11 pm

My girlfriend and I just started Secret of Mana. :D
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:55 pm

I she playing as the girl or as that other little......thing?
MrPopo

by MrPopo Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:09 pm

BoneSnapDeez wrote:I she playing as the girl or as that other little......thing?

Sprite. You're better off if you're playing with two people as playing as the boy and the girl so you can chain cast with the sprite.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

by ninjainspandex Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:28 pm

does castlevania symphony of the night count :lol: it has rpg elements. well reguardless thats what im playing now on the xbox. got a free dlc code in my castlevania lords of shadow game cost me $17, so i figure with the sotn on xbla being $10 i only paid $7 for lords of shadow. well this game is blowing my mind thats all i gotta say, its funny the gba titles were my first castlevanias and at the time i had no idea sotn even exsisted its amazing how similar those games are.
Return to RPG