What RPG are you playing right now?

Level up here
nick944
64-bit

Post by nick944 »

xraydash wrote:I'm playing Skies of Arcadia (DC) right now. Got it in January using an amazon gift card that I got for xmas, played for about four hours, and then set it aside after getting distracted by KOTOR. Picked it up again a couple of days ago and I'm really enjoying it. (Not that I didn't before. Star Wars simply trumps all!) It's such a beautiful game. Anyone have an estimate for how long it takes? I tend to do most side quests in games like this. I'm guessing it's pretty lengthy.
I'm somewhere around 20 hours into Skies of Arcadia and I'm still on the first disc :lol: So, it must be pretty long. Right now I'm playing Skies of Arcadia for DC, Mother 3 for GBA, DQM:Joker for DS, and Twilight Princess for Wii.
3style
8-bit

Post by 3style »

nick944 wrote:
xraydash wrote:I'm playing Skies of Arcadia (DC) right now. Got it in January using an amazon gift card that I got for xmas, played for about four hours, and then set it aside after getting distracted by KOTOR. Picked it up again a couple of days ago and I'm really enjoying it. (Not that I didn't before. Star Wars simply trumps all!) It's such a beautiful game. Anyone have an estimate for how long it takes? I tend to do most side quests in games like this. I'm guessing it's pretty lengthy.
I'm somewhere around 20 hours into Skies of Arcadia and I'm still on the first disc :lol: So, it must be pretty long. Right now I'm playing Skies of Arcadia for DC, Mother 3 for GBA, DQM:Joker for DS, and Twilight Princess for Wii.

I thought it was +40 hours
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

Two of my favorites right there. Though I've only played the Gamecube version of SOA. KOTOR is a masterpiece and SOA has more genuine charm than 90% of the japanese rpgs out there. Reminded me of the original Grandia for that reason(which is still the best Grandia game).

No rpg playing for me. No time, but I have one or two items I still need to get in FF12 whenever I can get around to it like the Grand Helm and Grand Armor I believe, than I'll probably stay away from rpgs until whenever I can get a PS 3 and Final Fantasy 13
peglegs
16-bit

Post by peglegs »

SOA i took at least 50 hours on dc gotta have vmu so you can find some material to make weapons with i think its been a long long while
i've been jumping around soooo i've been hitting in no paticular order
fire emblem
shining force 2
albert odyse (cant spell) never beat the game its just too short and i dont want it to end
tried playing lunar legend for the gba but couldnt handle how bad the game
was my little brother is hooking me up with it for psx since he grew up with me playing it on sega cd first rpg and all
plus phantasy star 1 quite the grinder ehh?
final fantasy 3/6 snes i hardly sleep plus i dont have to be at work till 4 pm i live in north carolina so i have no life
and i know im forgeting some games but this list is to long already
glynnahab
128-bit

Post by glynnahab »

I just finished FF7. And, although I have several complaints, it still holds up well. Not quite as magical as when I played it in '97, but still a damned good game.

I've been on the fence between my next RPG choice for a while. It's been between Earthbound and Chrono Cross. Unfortunately, for some reason I can't move diagonally with my PC gamepad on Earthbound, so I've chosen Chrono Cross for now. (With the hope that Earthbound will be released on the Virtual Console soon - as the rumors are pointing to.)

Having played through Chrono Trigger many times, I've got (unrealistically) high expectations. My initial impressions are good so far. The battle system seems pretty cool, and the graphics are leaps and bounds ahead of the super-deformed characters of FF7.
Adderall
32-bit

Post by Adderall »

I'm not playing anything right now, but I will start Lunar for the next Racketboy T.R.
AwesomeMonstar
128-bit

Post by AwesomeMonstar »

Grandia II for the DC here. Quite a battle system indeed.
Don't that just look oh so tasty?
NES-GB-GENESIS-SNES-GBC-32X-SATURN-3DO-N64-DREAMCAST-GBA-PS2-XBOX-GAMECUBE-DS-PSP-WII-360
kgcarini
32-bit

Post by kgcarini »

I finally beat Ultimate Alliance for the Wii! Yay! I started Persona 3 today! It is so awesome! I'm already 5 hrs. into it! :)
Bootaaay
128-bit

Post by Bootaaay »

Currently i'm re-playing Silver on the Dreamcast for the first time in 8 years and i'm pleased to say that the game has held up quite admirably, the graphics look quite dated but never to the point where it becomes detrimental to your enjoyment of the game. The DC port does have a few problems though, commanding your AI companions for one, so I might see if I can hunt down the superior PC original.

Just got done re-playing Valkyrie Profile 2 again, and after i'm finished with Silver I fancy going back to Skies of Arcadia (if I can stomache the random battle hell).
arion
Next-Gen

Post by arion »

Currently playing wow on my own server. Just thougt i´d try and see if i could set it up and it wasnt that hard and now i remember why i didn mind paying monthly fees that game is way to addictive :D