What RPG are you playing right now?

Level up here
pierrot
Next-Gen

Re: What RPG are you playing right now?

Post by pierrot »

I decided to make it a bit more SNES loaded JRPG year, at least for now. Being told that I shouldn't replay FFIX basically assures that I will likely be doing so, anyway. I don't want to lay the blame at anyone's feet (Ack-- <_<), but--this is just the unintentional obstinance I know to be true, in my heart. I'm just finding it a little difficult to work past the desire to play it.

Anyway. I did start Super Mario RPG, and have acquired two whole star pieces. It's going better than Paper Mario, at least. I don't remember exactly at what point I started to get totally over Paper Mario, but I'm pretty okay with Super Mario RPG so far. As long as it keeps a fairly brisk pace, I'll probably stay that way, but if it starts to bog down like Paper Mario, I'll be pretty upset. I find the presentation in SMRPG to be a little awkward, I don't really find the action button stuff in combat to be very engaging, and I think a lot of the interactions with NPCs (especially all the face planting) can be kind of dumb, but I generally find myself somewhat enjoying playing it. I don't necessarily care that much about Geno, but I can also see why people like the character so much.
Last edited by pierrot on Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

For me, Super Mario RPG was the beginning and end of the RPG line of Mario games. I've briefly played some of the Paper Mario's and Mario & Luigi's here and there, but none of them seem half as good as SMRPG to me. I wish I could love them as much as I do that one, but it was a one shot Square Soft team up and it's been decades now, I just don't see another Mario RPG having that magic again for me personally.

Technically it was my first RPG too... yeah I try to shake off the bias and nostalgia but it seems pointless haha. I've gone back to it many times over the years and still love everything about it.
Ack

Post by Ack »

pierrot wrote:I decided to make it a bit more SNES loaded JRPG year, at least for now. Being told that I shouldn't replay FFIX basically assures that I will likely be doing so, anyway. I don't want to lay the blame at anyone's feet (Ack-- <_<), but--this is just the unintentional obstinance I know to be true, in my heart. I'm just finding it a little difficult to work past the desire to play it.

*cough*You're welcome*cough*

Oh man, that's a nasty cough. I should really take it easy.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Ack wrote:
pierrot wrote:I decided to make it a bit more SNES loaded JRPG year, at least for now. Being told that I shouldn't replay FFIX basically assures that I will likely be doing so, anyway. I don't want to lay the blame at anyone's feet (Ack-- <_<), but--this is just the unintentional obstinance I know to be true, in my heart. I'm just finding it a little difficult to work past the desire to play it.

*cough*You're welcome*cough*

Oh man, that's a nasty cough. I should really take it easy.

That's what happens when you play bad Wolfenstein 3D map packs.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

Get well soon, Ack!
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Oh hell yeah the original game.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Hardcore. When someone says to you they dropped 150 hours into Persona 5, you’ll just shake your head and laugh.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Rosejohnson wrote:We provide here all games which are the latest versions of all games

Whoah.. You weren't kidding. Those are ALL GAMES!!

Mod edited to remove URL
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Markies
Next-Gen

Post by Markies »

I started Soul Blazer on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System this evening!

I played through the Illusion of Gaia a few years ago and really enjoyed myself. That got me on the kick to play others in the series. It took me quite a while, but I finally found a copy of Soul Blazer and this year, I promised myself that I would finally play it.

It took me a few moments to adjust to the controls, but once I did, everything clicked in such a perfect way. Everything felt smooth and the action was perfect. I love the concept and the idea of defeating monster lairs to bring back people. The combat is smooth and fluid. The music is great and I just love it. Picked it up and instantly fell in love with it. I am so excited to play more of it.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Woke ass game. So good.