BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Re: What RPG are you playing right now?

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

Stark wrote:This one has the BoneSnap vibe:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/01/18/ ... rategy-rpg

He'll get to it in 2036.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

FF7 - Cloud is dead, we found him again, hooray?

Working on the Mount Corel Reactor now. About to get on the train if my memory is correct.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

So is anybody playing this?:

If I hadn't already beaten in on PS2, I'd pick it up myself.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

There's too many good RPGs in the world to play, and I have a backlog of 40-some RPGs to play through anyway.

I don't know how anyone manages to keep up with all the RPGs coming out on 3DS and Vita
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

alienjesus wrote:I don't know how anyone manages to keep up with all the RPGs coming out on 3DS and Vita

I only "keep up" with them in the sense of buying them and putting them on a shelf. The idea being I'll play them in years to come.

Personally speaking; I've put an artificial block in place on myself. I'm not buying any consoles or handhelds beyond the latest gen I already own; Wii/PS3/360/3DS/Vita for at least 5 years from now. This should allow me to make a decent dent in my backlog library. Honestly, since I've barely seen anything of worth on the Wii U/One/PS4, it's not such a hard goal to maintain. I suppose my one caveat being that I'll stay up to date with Android hardware and releases for the foreseeable future. Android games and hardware are so cheap it's silly not to IMO.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

I picked up VIII to help the sales numbers so we get XI, but like you I already beat it on the PS2 so I don't know when I'll get around to playing the 3DS port.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

It's tough for me to justify buying the 3DS version, too. I know it's been a while since the PS2 release, but I don't feel an overwhelming urge to replay the game right now. I'd much rather actually get back to Dragon Quest VII... one of these days. The backlog, man, it just keeps growing. And long RPGs don't help it!
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

I will be buying it. I am still working my way through DQVII, and I think that the 3DS port will be a great way for me to play through VIII. In my quest to complete all of the DQ games, however, I will probably save it for last. (After I beat VII, I plan to re-play IV, before knocking our VI, V, and VIII, in that order.)