What RPG are you playing right now?

Level up here
MrPopo

Re: What RPG are you playing right now?

Post by MrPopo »

Turns out you only need 1 HP when your opponent mathematically can't hit you. Have a backup robot for rezzing and you're good to go.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Markies
Next-Gen

Post by Markies »

I started Atelier Iris 3: Grand Phantasm on the Sony Playstation 2 this evening!

The first two games in the Atelier Iris series are some of my favorite Playstation 2 RPG's. I love the 2D Sprites, the anime influenced characters, the alchemy and the battle systems. I have enjoyed both of the first two games immensely, so I was rather excited to get Atelier Iris 3. Unfortunately, the friend that I played through these games with had already played Atelier Iris 3 and he did not like it at all. So, my desire was slightly more tepid than normal. However, while shopping one day, I found a brand new copy and I realized that I couldn't pass it up. I finally decided that I was going to play through it this year and I was finally able to start it.

The major difference between Atelier Iris 3 and the first two is the story progression. You are basically a part of a Guild and are given tasks to do. The game is wide open, so you can choose what to do and where to go. This is very different from the first two games that basically held your hand the entire time. Also, the dungeons in the game have a time limit and kick you out after a certain point. You can always go back and you can find items to increase your time, but I can see how that can be incredibly frustrating.

Besides that, the game has pretty much been like the first two. I still love the graphics and the art style. The game is funny and cute. The battle system is incredibly addictive and I can't wait to play more of it.
Kuruwin
64-bit

Post by Kuruwin »

Hmmmm. I guess i could reconsider getting it. It's not the cheapest game anymore but still affordable and i do own 1&2. I wish i wasn't so busy with modern games. My PS2 needs more love.
Ack

Post by Ack »

I need to write up my thoughts on Witcher 2, as I beat it a week ago. And now I'm well into Witcher 3. Funny how that works.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

I always lag a week or two behind.

You could be like alienjesus and wait three months from now.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Ha, very true! At least it's just the one game.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

I always do my writeups immediately after beating a game so things are still fresh in my mind.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

I feel like I can never make that happen. I either finish a game right before bed or during my kid's nap and then I'm busy the next two days and...... yeah, there's always a lag.
opa
128-bit

Post by opa »

So here's how Dragon Warrior 2 is going:

>Goes to Cannock.
>prince ain't there
>explores what I think is the Hero's Spring
>it's not

>talks to random guard
>he tells where the spring is
>goes to spring
>some old man says the prince went to your home castle
>goes back home
>prince went back to Cannock...

On the bright side, I'm pretty sure I over-levelled and have plenty of money. lol
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

opa wrote:So here's how Dragon Warrior 2 is going:

>Goes to Cannock.
>prince ain't there
>explores what I think is the Hero's Spring
>it's not

>talks to random guard
>he tells where the spring is
>goes to spring
>some old man says the prince went to your home castle
>goes back home
>prince went back to Cannock...

On the bright side, I'm pretty sure I over-levelled and have plenty of money. lol

Get used to that.

Also, you can’t really over level in that game. The end is grueling.