What RPG are you playing right now?

Level up here
Kuruwin
64-bit

Re: What RPG are you playing right now?

Post by Kuruwin »

MrPopo wrote:
Ack wrote:Didn't you also play 3? I thought you did that when I did.

This is also why I am playing Swords before 4 and 5. I don't want to have a lackluster experience, and Swords uses the updated engine of 5, so going from 3 to it means there are some improvements. Monster designs are nice, for example.

Did you ever continue on? I'm wondering if I should move to 6 in the future.

I did; we did that during Together RPG. My time with the series went MM1, next year MM3, following year MM2, 4, 5, aborted Swords. I also snuck in some time with MM10 around the time I was playing MM1, but shelved it until I played more of the series to get a better handle of the post-5 games which it took cues from in terms of character development.

I haven't moved on to the other titles yet, but I have heard good things about 6 and decent things about 7. I've heard 8 is when it starts to get bad and 9 is off a cliff.

Might And Magic 6&7 are certified classics. MM8 isn't bad per say but it's definitely lackluster and weakest of the "trilogy". Might And Magic 9 is poo.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Is anyone going to check out the new Romancing Saga 2 release?
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Xeogred wrote:Is anyone going to check out the new Romancing Saga 2 release?

Already there. I'm on my first non-fixed emperor (I've been resetting when I game over), but I might restart my file because I screwed up a quest. This game is full of non-intuitive systems.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

I bought it, but I haven't put much time in yet. There's some really good advice over in this Talking Time thread, though. estragon seems to know his stuff about the game and the various systems.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

I ended up restarting my file and I'm much happier with how things are going. My biggest piece of advice is that if you start a quest, finish it. If you let a generation pass when you're midway into a quest it can break a portion of that quest, locking you out of potential party classes (that's why I restarted).
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

So basically... definitely sounds like an Akitoshi Kawazu game. I think I'll grab it on the Switch sometime.
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

I could fight the final boss right now of Xenoblade 2. I have not attempted it yet but still, know the final boss is level 70. I'm level 73 but still, want to gain some levels before I take him on.
Malos is just Spanish for bad. His name is pretty lazy.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Playing a lot of Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel on PS4, along with:

* Odin Sphere (PS4 and Vita, both a separate purchase but they've got cross save so it was worth it, especially since they were both on sale)
* Persona 4 Golden (Vita)
* Final Fantasy 9 (PS4)

I also recently bought Transistor, Earthlock and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 &2, all for PS4, though I haven't gotten around to playing them yet. I've played MUA 1 on PSP and 360 and liked how it played so much like X-Men Legends (wish they'd remaster THOSE games, and make a 3rd one). Also, I'd love to see a Marvel/DC game in that style.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Been playing Persona 5 finally as I got it for Christmas. It's really good as I hoped, the only issue is it not being portable. Oh well. I am pretty much nowhere yet, so no real comments about the systems yet, other than it doesn't seem too different than other Persona games.
Last edited by Stark on Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Ack

Post by Ack »

With Might and Magic VI done, I'm moving on to a Diablo-clone called Revenant. Now I've been warned that Revenant wasn't exactly great, but I want to give it a fair shake for myself and see how it pans out. Revenant is also supposed to be pretty short, which is what I'm looking for after putting many hours into Might and Magic VI. Any of you guys ever tried it out? How does it compare to the likes of Diablo, Dungeon Siege, Nox, etc?