What RPG are you playing right now?

Level up here
Markies
Next-Gen

Re: What RPG are you playing right now?

Post by Markies »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:Parallel playthrough! I’m playing PSIII right now too. It hasn’t wowed me yet either, but it’s pretty relaxing at least. Not too grindy, either. We’ll have to compare notes!

Yeah, I've done a little bit of grinding, but not too much.

I was amazed at how short the game seemed. A walkthrough didn't look very long and I've heard the game can be beaten in 20 - 30 hours. That would be very nice.

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Here's a great old fan site you guys might like:
<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">https://huguesjohnson.com/ps3</span>/

Huh, that is very interesting.
Those maps look amazing and will be very helpful!
TheSSNintendo
128-bit

Post by TheSSNintendo »

Lost Odyssey. Bought it used a few years ago, but didn't play much. Time to give it a good go now.
Markies
Next-Gen

Post by Markies »

I started X-Men Legends on the Microsoft XBOX this evening!

I was a huge X-Men fan as a child as that Saturday Morning cartoon ruled my life for a little while. So, I have always wanted a good X-Men video game. I have a large nostalgia for the Genesis titles, but I also know their faults. I have always heard good word about this game, so I decided to pick it up.

It's a neat little Diablo clone. I wish you could lock on your opponents, but going around and hitting people is incredibly satisfying. I like the different characters and I like the ability to play as the different X-Men. So far, so good!
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

I've been working through Ys VIII on my commutes of late. I know our resident Ys addict Bonesnapdeez isn't keen on it, but I'm honestly having a blast. Even though Ys VIII is drawn out by Ys game standards, the brisk pace of everything is refreshing after playing a lot of quite slow RPGs this year. I'm on chapter 3 and just recruited Ricotta to my battle party.
TheSSNintendo
128-bit

Post by TheSSNintendo »

So while I'm working on Lost Odyssey, I also recently popped in Dragon Quest XI on the PS4. And on the side, trying out Shadowrun Returns on Steam.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

So on Shadowrun Returns, the first game is definitely the weakest. Dragonfall and Hong Kong are both much better.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

MrPopo wrote:So on Shadowrun Returns, the first game is definitely the weakest. Dragonfall and Hong Kong are both much better.

Really? That's interesting. I'll have to keep that in mind, if I ever actually get to those games.
Ack

Post by Ack »

pierrot wrote:
MrPopo wrote:So on Shadowrun Returns, the first game is definitely the weakest. Dragonfall and Hong Kong are both much better.

Really? That's interesting. I'll have to keep that in mind, if I ever actually get to those games.

That's not to say that Shadowrun Returns is a bad game, but it was the first outing, and it shows. I have yet to get to Hong Kong, but Returns and Dragonfall were both excellent.
opa
128-bit

Post by opa »

Finished DQ Builders. About 3 hours in DQ 8 now. Gonna try and knock out the RPG's that have been on the backlog for 10+ years.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Good call. I have been slowly whittling away at mine for years.