What RPG are you playing right now?

Level up here
gradualmeltdown
128-bit

Post by gradualmeltdown »

The World Ends With You : NDS : Squaresoft

This game is fantastic. A perfect portable RPG as it can be fun to grind a few battles, level up and put down until next time.
I like old games
I like new games
I like games
Haruspex
16-bit

Post by Haruspex »

Chrono Trigger and The World Ends With You. After i finish them i will start to playing Tales Of Destiny II (Eternia in Japan) for the Ps1.
glynnahab
128-bit

Post by glynnahab »

I'm in the middle of a replay of FF7.

I loved this game back in the day, but I never noticed how flawed this game was when I first played it. The "mini-games" are especially annoying. There was one part on the glacier (after the snowboarding part - which was about 3 minutes too long on its own) where I had to jump across this series of ice platforms using a certain pattern. Every time I failed (which was frequent), I had to start over again. After about fifteen tries (!!!!!!!!!!!!!), I finally got through and thought I was on my way to the next part. Instead, I found a dead end with a treaure chest. For all my troubles, I was awarded a goddamned accessory that protects against instant death.

Also, I understand that the summons were basically a chance to flex the graphical muscles of the PS1 back in '97. But watching a four minute summon is like being in purgatory. Sometimes I get so bored that I start counting polygons.

I'm still gonna finish it, but I had to get that off my chest.
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

right now im playing Oblivion on my PS3, Shadowrun on the Gene setup, PDS on the saturn, Zelda on N64, Fable on PC, and nothing on dreamcast.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
arion
Next-Gen

Post by arion »

glynnahab wrote:I'm in the middle of a replay of FF7.

I loved this game back in the day, but I never noticed how flawed this game was when I first played it. The "mini-games" are especially annoying. There was one part on the glacier (after the snowboarding part - which was about 3 minutes too long on its own) where I had to jump across this series of ice platforms using a certain pattern. Every time I failed (which was frequent), I had to start over again. After about fifteen tries (!!!!!!!!!!!!!), I finally got through and thought I was on my way to the next part. Instead, I found a dead end with a treaure chest. For all my troubles, I was awarded a goddamned accessory that protects against instant death.

Also, I understand that the summons were basically a chance to flex the graphical muscles of the PS1 back in '97. But watching a four minute summon is like being in purgatory. Sometimes I get so bored that I start counting polygons.

I'm still gonna finish it, but I had to get that off my chest.

yeah the summon animations are way to long..why oh why isnt it possible to skip them
bawitback
64-bit

Post by bawitback »

Sakura Taisen for Saturn
Mr. Stripe
24-bit

Post by Mr. Stripe »

Haha, I remember in Final Fantasy 7 using the 6 x's mana attached to bahamut zero (or whatever, it was soo long ago) and having to sit through that summon 6 times. Took forever.

Right now I'm playing Tales of Symphonia, and sorta playing Earthbound...
3style
8-bit

Post by 3style »

just finished Shenmue 2 on my dc. Man, what a layback ending was disc 4.
pompeyparsons
32-bit

Post by pompeyparsons »

Been playing Fire Emblem for the GBA for weeks now just keep returning every now and again. I just started Exile for the Genesis today. So far so good.
xraydash
32-bit

Post by xraydash »

I'm playing Skies of Arcadia (DC) right now. Got it in January using an amazon gift card that I got for xmas, played for about four hours, and then set it aside after getting distracted by KOTOR. Picked it up again a couple of days ago and I'm really enjoying it. (Not that I didn't before. Star Wars simply trumps all!) It's such a beautiful game. Anyone have an estimate for how long it takes? I tend to do most side quests in games like this. I'm guessing it's pretty lengthy.