About to beat Final Fantasy IV, any suggestions for next RPG

Level up here
NeoRage
64-bit

Post by NeoRage »

I really got into Star Ocean 2 for the PS, I thought it was kinda neat creating items :D Super Mario RPG on the SNES is a good goofy RPG. And on the PS the original Wild Arms was one of my favorites..................Secret of Mana!

P.S. I have to agree with neohx_7, Earthbound is one of the best ever! I still remember how bad the magazine ad for Earthbound smelled! It had scratch and sniffs that smelled worse than anything :lol:
Mega-Dan
24-bit

earthbound nes or snes?

Post by Mega-Dan »

Which earthbound game, nes or snes? I heard that tales of phantasia for gameboy advance will be sold for $8.96 this week at circuit city, thats pretty cool for a new RPG. I am considering getting that, but I doubt it will go to the top of the stack. Go to siliconera for more info. Not that this would be my next game, but they have phantasy star trilogy for gamboy advance, it has phantasy stars 1-3 for gba, thats a hell of alot game.
Conn
24-bit

Post by Conn »

When people say 'Earthbound' they mean the Super Nintendo one since the NES one was never officiall released overseas.

I'd say pick up Tales of Phantasia, as well. The battles are real-time, which is nice, but they're a bit slow (like Cless is moving in waist-high water). It's still pretty fun, and the story is great. Besides, if it's a mere $10, it's definetely worth picking up.
Mega-Dan
24-bit

Definitely considering Earthbound

Post by Mega-Dan »

I am thinking either chrono trigger or earth bound, I couldnt find the phantasy star collection...besides I played a little of the original sega genesis in an emulator to sample it and didnt like the fact that in phantasy star II you cant target who you want to attack directly, thats really lame.
NeoRage
64-bit

Re: Definitely considering Earthbound

Post by NeoRage »

alonzobots wrote:I am thinking either chrono trigger or earth bound, I couldnt find the phantasy star collection...besides I played a little of the original sega genesis in an emulator to sample it and didnt like the fact that in phantasy star II you cant target who you want to attack directly, thats really lame.

Between Earthbound and Chrono Trigger, Piack Chronotrigger! The game is absolutely beautiful, The graphics are really great(for the time) and the music still haunts me :lol: I ordered the soundtracks because the music is that good. The games story has SO many twists and turns, Makes some of the games now look like the developers were blinfolded through the whole thing.......Yes I love the game :P
Mega-Dan
24-bit

Cant wait for final fantasy VI for gba

Post by Mega-Dan »

Mozgus, I dont like the newer final fantasy games to much, they have to much movie and to little game. If I wanted to watch a movie, Id watch a movie. I think the ultimate statement of this is the fact that they made final fantasy VII advent children a movie. Final fantasy X is a good game, but I just wished I could skip all the plot garbage. I liked fallout alot, but in general thats why I never liked rpgs much, in any rpg unless you picked a guy who was a fighter you were at a huge disadvantage because skills characters are pretty bad. Think about picking a smuggler in knights of the old republic, or a character who is a doctor and repairman in fallout thats like setting the difficulty to hard right there.

I picked up wild arms 4 for the ps2 today for 8.96 at circuit city! they didnt have any of the other games on sale like metroid pinball (comes with rumble pack) or tales of phantasia, that was a bummer. I will play wild arms eventually, I beat the first one when it first came out like 10 years ago.

I cant wait for final fantasy VI for gba, they added some really cool stuff to final fantasy IV, the dungeon that opens up after the game ends is HUGE, its like 4 dungeons. Unfortunately, the other extra dungeon (Mt. Ordeals part II) that you can beat before the end of the game makes the last dungeon way to easy if you use the extra characters since you can pick your what characters you want to bring into the final dungeon (you couldnt in the original) and get their ultimate gear BEFORE entering the final dungeon. I didnt know this before entering the final dungeon so I decided to take these characters, just because I personally thought they were the cooler characters (palom can can up his magic skills with his bluff ability and then cast flare for 9999 damage every turn, yang gets a claw with thunder ability and disgusting amount of hit points, cid has more defense than anybody else).
If you do get Final Fantasy IV, I recommend the European version if possible, I got the USA version the day it came out, and it has a weird menu bug where the menus have lag, but it was fixed in the european version I heard. In case you guys are wondering, yes this is one of like 5 website I can access from work.
neohx_7
64-bit

Re: Definitely considering Earthbound

Post by neohx_7 »

alonzobots wrote:I am thinking either chrono trigger or earth bound, I couldnt find the phantasy star collection...besides I played a little of the original sega genesis in an emulator to sample it and didnt like the fact that in phantasy star II you cant target who you want to attack directly, thats really lame.

Chrono Trigger is my favourite RPG, and since you haven't played it just forget about Earthbound for now.