Next-Gen

Re: Skyrim: Tuna's quest for a good skooma pipe

by noiseredux Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:22 pm

Do you love it?
opa
24-bit

by opa Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:39 am

I'm not completely smitten with Skyrim but I am warming up to it quite a bit. The world and characters are growing on me far more than Oblivion (which I got completely bored with). Heck, I'm still kinda wavering on buying a Switch but portable Skyrim sounds awesome. Much better than the N-Gage Elderscrolls (no offense to the 2004 cell phone game).

As far as my progress I only have two things that bears mentioning. Firstly, the Companions (the fighters guild type group) are essentially werewolves. I saved before a quest to try out if I'd like to become one but it's kind of stupid? I thought vampirism and werewolf-ology (I don't remember the actual term) were crappy and inconvenient in Morrowind. I may pass on it in this game as well. Maybe if my character were a fighter it would make sense but it is contrary to my current fighting style.

Second: I was running from another dragon and ran straight through a farm. The old farm lady that lives there looked at the dragon, readied her fists, and said something to the effect of "I'll not let you get away!" And I'm the dragonborn?? This lady is the true hero of the story. I didn't stick around to see what happened so she may be a pile of ashes. Lol
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:43 am

Switch was my third playthrough of Skyrim, and having it portable made it feel like a whole new game.
opa
24-bit

by opa Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:29 pm

How does it run on Switch? I'm playing on PS3 right now and, though functional, is not ideal. I'd like to play it without the lag and occasional freezing.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:12 pm

It felt great to me. Though I don't think I'm as bothered as others are by concessions made to switch ports of games.
Ack

by Ack Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:22 pm

Lycanthropy, and you're right, being a werewolf isn't nearly as good as BEATING YOUR FOES TO DEATH WITH A MASSIVE HAMMER AND HEARING THE MEATY POP AS YOU CAVE IN THEIR SKULL CAVITIES.
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
opa
24-bit

by opa Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:19 am

I carry a great ax, does that count? Granted, I never actually use it but still... I can look awfully menacing!

I'd like to try a barbarian build but mages can throw magic a lot faster in this game. However, maybe a quick lick to the computer will knock em down.

Back to the game: one thing I've noticed is that searching barrels, cloth sacks, or cupboards is generally a waste of time. All the good items and weapons are laying on a table or carried by enemies. About the only containers worth searching are chests and burial urns (which have gold/jewels). I used to comb through dungeons opening every barrel but now I skip to the guaranteed good stuff.

Edit: well gag me with a spoon. I just learned the dawnguard expansion opens up arrow/bolt crafting. That would be handy right about now...
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:41 am

Switch has all the expansions included!
opa
24-bit

by opa Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:05 pm

I think if I grab a switch in the next couple of weeks I'd do everything the same except maybe focus on two-handed weapons as opposed to one-handed. If I have a high sneak skill a hammer to the back of the noggin would surely inflict some serious headaches.
marurun

by marurun Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:40 pm

As long as you keep regaling us with your tales of exploring Skyrim. Can you spoiler for us whether Tuna ever gets a good skooma pipe?
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Return to RPG