Secret of Mana 3D remaster coming

Level up here
MrPopo

Re: Secret of Mana 3D remaster coming

Post by MrPopo »

I just straight up do not agree with your assessment it took you 45 minutes to get to the boat of opening credits unless you just got lost multiple times in the castle. I'm sure it felt like it was taking a while to do all of that, but talking to everyone and then getting to the opening credits shouldn't take longer than 10 minutes.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
MrPopo

Re: Secret of Mana 3D remaster coming

Post by MrPopo »

They had this game available at PAX; the demo ran through the Mantis Ant fight and apparently a little beyond that but the guy running the booth was having people stop when Mantis Ant was finished. So here's my report:

It's SoM with 3D models. I know the music is supposed to be remixed, but all I heard was the exact same songs; maybe they tweaked a little bit of the instrumentation because they couldn't find the original sound font or something? Combat feels the same, with the main change in the Mantis Ant fight being his ability to be positioned facing different ways after he jumps and lands, rather than always facing the bottom of the screen.

And now that I've seen it in motion, I'm going to call out every single one of you complaining about the graphical style. Because the style is EXACTLY THE SAME AS SOM. The only change is that a 2D sprite became a 3D model that still looks the same as the base sprite. As if the sprite was generated by removing the lighting shadows from the 3D model (think South Park).

I also learned that the younger generation is really bad at SoM. Like, embarrassingly bad as I watched people in front of me playing. One guy nearly died to the Rabites and I saw several people not understanding to wait for it to go to 100% even though the damage numbers still pop up and you can see that mashing attack does no damage.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.