SRPG Reccomendations

Level up here
Segata
Next-Gen

Re: SRPG Reccomendations

Post by Segata »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Oh yeah, I suppose Forlorn Drifter could play the first two Shining Force entries on PS3 via Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection. Essential games.

I already mentioned it.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

I'm thinking now I'll open it up wider for other consoles, just to see what's out there. Half the fun is looking up info and videos about the game.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Just stay away from Disgaea, unless you want something longer than World of Warcraft. In Disgaea items can be dungeons that you go "inside" that generate levels, to level up your items and equipment. Eventually good items and equipment can generate up to 100 floors worth, that's probably like 5-10+ hours worth of grinding and gameplay alone, just to level up an item if you want. Max character level is 9,999, but then you can respec them several times over again and again to improve their base stats. In the guide book for Disgaea 2, in the back there's a a few pages worth of an equation that calculates the maximum HP that's possible to achieve if you somehow max things out and level up efficiently, probably after 9000 hours, you can have 65 billion HP.

After 50 hours of Disgaea 2, I finally escaped and haven't touched that series again. Be careful out there.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Segata wrote:
BoneSnapDeez wrote:Oh yeah, I suppose Forlorn Drifter could play the first two Shining Force entries on PS3 via Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection. Essential games.

I already mentioned it.

Haha well good job. I suck balls at reading.
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

No problem. I suck at typing. Why I now use Grammarly. :oops:
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

Xeogred wrote:Disgaea

Haha, I actually knew to stay away from that series. I got interested when I still had my PSP, but decided against getting it thanks to length and grindy-ness I saw online. I can handle some length, but that's just too much.

One series I'm somewhat curious in, but have only heard things on one extreme or the other about is the Agarest games. How are they?
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Yeah, I'm going to second the recommendation to stay away from Disgaea. I got about halfway through Disgaea 5 on Switch before I just got...bored. It's super repetitive and grindy.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Segata wrote:No problem. I suck at typing. Why I now use Grammarly. :oops:

How well does that work, by the way? I've always been a bit of a grammar Nazi (with myself, not others!), but was really curious after seeing an ad for it as to how effective it is.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Sarge wrote:
Segata wrote:No problem. I suck at typing. Why I now use Grammarly. :oops:

How well does that work, by the way? I've always been a bit of a grammar Nazi (with myself, not others!), but was really curious after seeing an ad for it as to how effective it is.

I do this only because of the irony that the post was about grammar; both of your sentences contain comma splices. :lol:
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Is that actually a comma splice? No question that's my biggest bugaboo, though. I've been working on that for a long time. I've tried to integrate the semicolon into my writing more.

EDIT: Downloaded Grammarly, it says that sentence has one "advanced issue": overly wordy. :lol: Yeah, that's me alright, and it is worded poorly to boot.
Last edited by Sarge on Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.