Cosmic Star Heroine

Level up here
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Cosmic Star Heroine

Post by Jmustang1968 »

So this game is finally out. Listeners to the old podcast may recall we interviewed Bill Stiernberg of Zeboyd Games when they were first starting to work on CSH.

I think fans of 16 bit RPGs should look into it. I have played a few hours so far and am really enjoying it. It is something like a mix of Chrono Trigger, Blade Runner, and espionage. The graphics are great and it is full of charm. The combat is unique in some ways, and takes some strategy. This isn't just a mash attack over and over, and use Special Attacks on bosses.

Anyone else playing this, or looking to get it?
Last edited by Jmustang1968 on Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Re: Cosmic Star Heroine

Post by CFFJR »

Holy sheet, I didn't realize it was out.

Definitely going to buy it. Glad to hear you're liking it so far.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

It also just so happens that I will be returning to the Rpgamer podcast later this morning, we usually start around 11 cst (been absent due to getting home ready to sell past couple months). I plan to discuss CSH some and we will announce plans to give out a Steam Code for CSH randomly to someone who asks a question or leaves a voicemail for next week's show.
So just a heads up for anyone interested in picking up a copy. Bill tossed me an extra code and I figured to give it out for show involvement.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Looks cool. Will get.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

I plan to get to it after I finish Persona 5 and Torment. But I played a decent amount of the backer beta and I'm looking forward to the full game.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

This is on my list, but I'm gonna need to play a few short games first. Definitely got long game fatigue after Breath of the Wild, Mass Effect, and Persona.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

"Cosmic Star Heroine does for the 16-bit JRPG what Shovel Knight did for 8-bit platformers. It takes everything that worked about them to remind you of why those games are classics, but builds upon that foundation with a modern-day sensibility by eliminating filler. Everything you do serves a greater purpose, and the game never feels like it’s wasting your time. Combat is a dream, with a brisk pace to battles ensuring that you never have a dull moment. Cosmic Star Heroine is a must-own for anyone who loves or has ever loved JRPGs."
- http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2017/04/17 ... ne/254298/

I am intrigued.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

My only complaint about the backer beta was that they weren't able to secure Ian Gillian to do boss music vocals. But I have that complaint about most games.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

Yeah it is really good so far. I agree it is a modernization of 16 bit RPGs. Take away some of the tedium and trim the fat.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Anyone know if they're planning a physical release for this one?