Valkyria Revolution

Level up here
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Re: Valkyria Revolution

Post by ZeroAX »

Juan Aguacate wrote:The scouts being overpowered is only a problem if you're aware of it. I see plenty of let's plays on youtube where people are playing the game the way it's meant to be played by using scouts the way the game intended. They're not aware of the orders+scouts exploit

Me, I didn't mind it at all, as I just found it hilarious watching Alicia dominate every battle. I actually love when players discover stuff like this as I just play games for fun and honestly don't care how challenging they are.

Also, scouts don't help with some of the DLC maps, hard mode skirmishes and EX mode skirmishes. Scouts are only overpowered in story based missions. A lot of the optional maps in VC force you to use certain classes or create scenarios where rushing the enemy base isn't how you beat the stage.

I didn't know about this exploit. Now I feel I should replay the game just to take advantage of this :lol: . Is it in the PS4 remaster too?

MrPopo wrote:Hi Zero, you must be new to Sega. Remember Shining Force? Remember how awesome it was? Remember how they said "fuck those SRPG players, let's make it a shitty generic action RPG"?

Never tried out Shining Force, but yeah indeed they've done these weird genre switches before. Then again these are the people who thought what Sonic needed was beat-em-up elements :lol:
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
Kuruwin
64-bit

Post by Kuruwin »

I'm pretty sure that they didn't do any balancing on the remaster edition. The PS4 version also has all the DLC which supposedly makes cheesing the game really easy.

I actually did decide to order the game and try it one more time at somepoint. If nothing else then at least the trophies will encourage me to finally finish it.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

Kuruwin wrote:I'm pretty sure that they didn't do any balancing on the remaster edition. The PS4 version also has all the DLC which supposedly makes cheesing the game really easy.

I actually did decide to order the game and try it one more time at somepoint. If nothing else then at least the trophies will encourage me to finally finish it.

I thought that the DLC just added extra missions. How did it make it easier?
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

I wasn't aware of any scout exploit when I played either? I wasn't aware until right now, lol.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.