Valkyria Revolution

Level up here
Sarge
Next-Gen

Valkyria Revolution

Post by Sarge »

Welp, looks like we're getting that new game in the Valkyria series, even if it changes up the genre a bit.

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/valkyri ... ne-in-2017
MrPopo

Re: Valkyria Revolution

Post by MrPopo »

I really hope we get a demo. The things I've seen in previews haven't made me look forward to it, but I'm willing to give it a try on a demo. I really hope this doesn't mean the series is getting the Shining treatment, where it starts off strong and then they switch genres and drive it into the ground.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Yeah, that's definitely a concern. Although... Shining Force Neo and EXA weren't bad at all. Same guys that did Record of Lodoss War on Dreamcast. But definitely depressing for me, given that I'm a fan of the SRPG entries.

Actually, it's not unlike what they did with Phantasy Star as well. Oh, Sega, why must you torture us so?
Juan Aguacate
24-bit

Post by Juan Aguacate »

Will be interesting to see how this turns out
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Awesome a new Valkyria Chronicles! I love this tactical series so muc... wait a second? This, this is Valkyria Chronicles Musou. :?

PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

I wouldn't go that far haha. Looks cool to me. Have yet to play any of them, it's always discerning when we only get a fraction of all the installments. Thanks Sega.

I'll get the PS4 remaster of 1 sometime.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Violent By Design
Next-Gen

Post by Violent By Design »

Exhuminator wrote:Awesome a new Valkyria Chronicles! I love this tactical series so muc... wait a second? This, this is Valkyria Chronicles Musou. :?

The article says its RTS, so it could be a pretty cool take.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Violent By Design wrote:The article says its RTS, so it could be a pretty cool take.

Sega themselves say it's a musou style game:

"When I fired up the TGS demo, a Sega rep asked me a potentially ominous question: "Do you know how to play musou [aka Dynasty Warriors] games?"

http://www.polygon.com/2016/9/17/129507 ... 4-vita-tgs
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Kuruwin
64-bit

Post by Kuruwin »

I like Musou games so i don't mind as long as it's a good one. Honestly the original game was kinda annoying with it's bizarre design choices.

Unless i did some horribly wrong the enemies when laying on a grass didn't take almost no damage at all when being shot by regular guns and you had to throw grenades at them.

Which makes no fucking sense at all.

The RPG features were also crap and pointless because the caps (caps might been issue in VC2, not really sure if 1 had them too) and how little leveling up affected the characters (only the class upgrades were useful)

I also hated that getting lot's of points was all down to being fast. You either rush or you get very little point's to level up (though like i said it wasn't very rewarding to level up in the first place)

There were other issues too but those are the ones that i can recall right now. The difficulty wasn't probably well balanced either (cheapish) because i lost interest halfway through on both 1&2.

Of course i would be up for new traditional Valkyrie if they fixed all the problems but i wouldn't be surprised if the third game has all the flaws of the first two so i don't have much fate on the team.